Kevin Spacey accuser refuses to reveal identity, leading to lawsuit’s dismissal
Kevin Spacey accuser's attorneys rejected the court’s request to reveal his name.
A civil lawsuit against Hollywood's disgraced actor Kevin Spacey will now be getting dismissed after the man who accused him of sexual assault refused to reveal his identity.
“C.D.”, as he is known in the court documents, accused the House of Cards actor of sexual assault and was ordered by US District Judge Lewis Kaplan to lift the veil of his identity last week.
The judge ruled that interest in the case is “magnified because C.D. has made his allegations against a public figure.”
On Thursday, however, his attorney rejected the court’s request to reveal his name.
According to CNN, his attorneys, Richard M. Steigman and Peter J. Saghir, wrote in a letter: “As we had previously informed the Court, C.D. believes he is unable to withstand the scrutiny and intrusion into his life if his identity is revealed in this matter.”
Moreover, the attorneys added that the “unwanted attention” that he would receive would be “simply too much for him to bear.”
C.D. had earlier claimed that Spacey had sexually assaulted him back in 1980s when the accuser was just 14 years old.
-
Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi reveals stage 1 cervical cancer diagnosis
-
Hilary Duff’s son roasts her outfit in new album interview
-
Alexandra Daddario, Andrew Form part ways after 3 years of marriage
-
Avan Jogia says life with fiancee Halsey feels like 'coming home'
-
Taylor Swift made sure Jodie Turner-Smith's little girl had a special day on 'Opalite' music video set
-
Eric Dane says touching goodbye to daughters Billie and Georgia in new Netflix documentary
-
Channing Tatum reveals what he told daughter after violent incident at school
-
Denise Richards doubles down on abuse claims against ex husband Aaron Phypers amid show return