18 TTP militants killed in drone attack in Afghanistan, say officials
PESHAWAR: Eighteen or more fighters of the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan were killed in a drone strike in the Paktiya province, Afghan officials said on Wednesday.
The officials confirmed that the Taliban were killed in the latest strike by an unmanned aircraft in the Pak-Afghan border areas. Nabiullah Peerkhel, the Paktika governor’s spokesman, told the Mashaal Radio the militants were heading to the border region of Afghanistan when the drones rained down missiles on them in the Gomal district.
While the exact identity of the militants killed could not be determined, reports from Wana, South Waziristan, suggested that 14 men were from the Mehsud tribe and four from the Ahmadzai Wazir tribe.
Officials confirmed the report saying a number of bodies had been shifted and buried in villages scattered near the border areas. The compound of TTP militants, headed by Said Khan Sajna, is located just across the border in the Beermal area connecting Waziristan with the Paktiya province.
-
Pamela Anderson, David Hasselhoff's Return To Reimagined Version Of 'Baywatch' Confirmed By Star -
Willie Colón, Salsa Legend, Dies At 75 -
Prince Edward Praised After Andrew's Arrest: 'Scandal-free Brother' -
Shawn Levy Recalls Learning Key Comedy Tactic In 'The Pink Panther' -
King Charles Fears More Trouble As Monarchy Faces Growing Pressure -
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again