Recording of doctors statements in torture case ordered
LAHORE
Justice Muhammad Anwaarul Haq of Lahore High Court on Thursday while disposing of a petition of two lady doctors seeking registration of a case against principal, medical superintendent of Punjab Institute of Cardiology and police official for torture of doctors, ordered the investigating officer (IO) to record the statements of the doctors.
Judge also ordered the IO to complete the challan on case lodged in the same matter by local journalists and submit it before the trial court.
Petitioners Dr Nimra Majeed and Dr Javeeria Javed moved the petition. Petitioners’ counsel alleged that during a peaceful protest outside hospital for better service structure, the policemen in plain clothes thrashed female doctors.
He said the police also tortured reporters who came for coverage of their peaceful protest. He alleged that it was done on instigation of the PIC administration.
He said the petitioners moved an application before police station concerned for registration but so far case was not lodged. He requested to order registration of criminal case against all responsible persons.
challenged: Appointment of Kamran Lashari as director general of Walled City of Lahore Authority has been challenged before the Lahore High Court.
The appointment was challenged by Zubair Khan Niazi stating that because of corruption in Capital Development Authority, Supreme Court had ordered action under criminal law provisions against Lashari but no action was taken against him till his retirement. He said after his retirement, he was appointed as DG of WCLA.
He said the appointment was also made secretly without advertising the post. Through his counsel Sheraz Zaka, he submitted that according to the Supreme Court’s directions, no retired officer could be reappointed. He said his appointment was not only against the relevant provisions of the law but it should be declared illegal and without any lawful authority. He said the government should be directed to advertise the post and make appointment on merit.
Appearing on behalf of the government, Assistant Advocate General Anwarul Hussain countered the application and said Kamran Lashari was supervising a crackdown against illegal constructions in the walled city. He said such applications were being filed against Lashari to pressurise him. He also pointed out faults in the petition regarding list of respondents. At this Justice Mansoor Ali Shah ordered the petitioner to point out the mistakes in respondents’ list and put off hearing till May 30.
-
Pete Davidson’s Girlfriend Elsie Hewitt Says 'everything Hurts' After Sudden Medical Emergency -
Princess Beatrice 17 Holidays Per Year Exposed Amid Andrew Arrest -
Who Is 'Queen Of Woke'? UK First Female Civil Head -
Dwayne Johnson Confesses What Secretly Scares Him More Than Fame -
Elizabeth Hurley's Son Damian Breaks Silence On Mom’s Romance With Billy Ray Cyrus -
Shamed Andrew Should Be Happy ‘he Is Only In For Sharing Information’ -
Daniel Radcliffe Wants Son To See Him As Just Dad, Not Harry Potter -
Apple Sued Over 'child Sexual Abuse' Material Stored Or Shared On ICloud -
Nancy Guthrie Kidnapped With 'blessings' Of Drug Cartels -
Hailey Bieber Reveals Justin Bieber's Hit Song Baby Jack Is Already Singing -
Emily Ratajkowski Appears To Confirm Romance With Dua Lipa's Ex Romain Gavras -
Leighton Meester Breaks Silence On Viral Ariana Grande Interaction On Critics Choice Awards -
Heavy Snowfall Disrupts Operations At Germany's Largest Airport -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Released Hours After Police Arrest -
Heidi Klum Eyes Spooky Season Anthem With Diplo After Being Dubbed 'Queen Of Halloween' -
King Charles Is In ‘unchartered Waters’ As Andrew Takes Family Down