Fri, Oct 09, 2015, Zul-Hijjah 24, 1436 A.H. : Last updated 1 hour ago
Group Chairman: Mir Javed Rahman
Editor-in-Chief: Mir Shakil-ur-Rahman
You are here: Home > News > National

No cases withdrawn against Lyari gang war criminals: Memon

February 14, 2013 - Updated 1720 PKT
From Web Edition

KARACHI: Sindh Information Minister Sharjeel Memon said Thursday cases against criminals involved in the Lyari gang war had not been withdrawn.


Speaking to the media outside the Sindh Assembly, Memon said the MQM would be consulted over the issue of withdrawal of cases.


Earlier on Thursday, the Sindh Law Ministry ordered the Public Prosecutor South to withdraw 34 cases which were lodged following the operation in Lyari. In repose to this move, the MQM staged a walkout during the in-camera briefing over the law and order situation from the Sindh Assembly.

Reader Comments
There is no law in Pakistan. Ministers decide who to put on trial and who to let go free. These criminals fought against law enforcement and the establishment but becuase they're PPP Jialas, they have free hand to do whatever they wish to desire.

Ek Pakistani
 Post Your Comments  (1)
Enter Code:  
If you are facing problem in submitting your comments, please click here to report your problem.