Sat, Nov 28, 2015, Safar 15, 1437 A.H | Last updated 9 hours ago
Hot Topics
You are here: Home > News > National

Lahore toy factory gutted by late-night fire

- February 04, 2014 - Updated 710 PKT - From Web Edition

LAHORE: A plastic toy-making factory Monday night was gutted after a fire, sparked by an electric short-circuit, turned into an inferno before the fire brigade could even reach the spot, Geo News reported.


Reports say a small industrial unit located on Brandreth Road caught fire late in the night.


Punjab’s celebrated emergency responder, Rescue 1122, spun into action as soon as it received the distress call.


According to officials, six fire tenders took part in the operation.


No casualties were reported in the incident, however merchandise/machines worth millions went went up in smoke.


Moreover, contiguous buildings were also evacuated as a safety measure.


An electric short circuit for which faulty wiring could be held responsible had sparked the blaze, said a Rescue 1122 official.


"Abundance of inflammable material like plastic and other chemical substances proved a perfect fuel to the fire. That is why it spread even faster than jungle fire", he added.


The rescuers controlled the fire after hours of firefighting as the flames had made their way up to the third floor of the building leaving behind charred remains of what once was an interior of a factory.

Be the first to comment
 Post Your Comments  (0)
If you are facing problem in submitting your comments, please click here to report your problem.