Fri, Oct 31, 2014, Muharram Ul Haram 06,1436 A.H : Last updated 1 hour ago
 
 
Group Chairman: Mir Javed Rahman

Editor-in-Chief: Mir Shakil-ur-Rahman
Disclamier
 
 
You are here: Home > News > National
 
 

Lahore toy factory gutted by late-night fire
 


February 04, 2014 - Updated 710 PKT
From Web Edition
 
 



LAHORE: A plastic toy-making factory Monday night was gutted after a fire, sparked by an electric short-circuit, turned into an inferno before the fire brigade could even reach the spot, Geo News reported.

 

Reports say a small industrial unit located on Brandreth Road caught fire late in the night.

 

Punjab’s celebrated emergency responder, Rescue 1122, spun into action as soon as it received the distress call.

 

According to officials, six fire tenders took part in the operation.

 

No casualties were reported in the incident, however merchandise/machines worth millions went went up in smoke.

 

Moreover, contiguous buildings were also evacuated as a safety measure.

 

An electric short circuit for which faulty wiring could be held responsible had sparked the blaze, said a Rescue 1122 official.

 

"Abundance of inflammable material like plastic and other chemical substances proved a perfect fuel to the fire. That is why it spread even faster than jungle fire", he added.

 

The rescuers controlled the fire after hours of firefighting as the flames had made their way up to the third floor of the building leaving behind charred remains of what once was an interior of a factory.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Be the first to comment
 
 
 Post Your Comments  (0)
 
 
Name:        
Email:
 
 
 
Country:     
 
 
 
Enter Code:  
 
 
 
 
If you are facing problem in submitting your comments, please click here to report your problem.