Turkey opens probe into missing Saudi journalist: report
ANKARA: Turkey has opened a probe into the disappearance of a Saudi journalist who has not been seen since he went inside the Saudi mission in Istanbul four days ago, the state-run Anadolu news agency said Saturday.
Riyadh says Jamal Khashoggi, a contributor to the Washington Post, had left the consulate but Ankara says he is still inside. The news agency quoted Istanbul prosecutors as saying that an investigation had been launched on Tuesday and had been widened since.
Khashoggi went to the consulate to receive an official document for his marriage.
A former government adviser who has been critical of some policies of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and Riyadh´s intervention in the war in Yemen, Khashoggi has lived in self-imposed exile in the United States since last year to avoid possible arrest.
-
Hilary Duff Opens Up About Marriage Fears Despite Strong Bond With Matthew Koma -
‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Star Eric Dane Breathes His Last At 53 -
Donald Trump Breaks Silence On Andrew’s Arrest: ‘It’s A Shame’ -
DJ Khaled Shares Weight Loss Progress -
Jennifer Aniston And Jim Curtis Share How They Handle Relationship Conflicts -
Shamed Andrew Real Birthday Plans As Cops Showed Up At Door -
Pete Davidson’s Girlfriend Elsie Hewitt Says 'everything Hurts' After Sudden Medical Emergency -
Princess Beatrice 17 Holidays Per Year Exposed Amid Andrew Arrest -
Who Is 'Queen Of Woke'? UK First Female Civil Head -
Dwayne Johnson Confesses What Secretly Scares Him More Than Fame -
Elizabeth Hurley's Son Damian Breaks Silence On Mom’s Romance With Billy Ray Cyrus -
Shamed Andrew Should Be Happy ‘he Is Only In For Sharing Information’ -
Daniel Radcliffe Wants Son To See Him As Just Dad, Not Harry Potter -
Apple Sued Over 'child Sexual Abuse' Material Stored Or Shared On ICloud -
Nancy Guthrie Kidnapped With 'blessings' Of Drug Cartels -
Hailey Bieber Reveals Justin Bieber's Hit Song Baby Jack Is Already Singing