Olympic great Johnson recovering from ‘mini stroke’
NEW YORK: Michael Johnson is recovering from a ‘mini stroke’, the Olympic champion and former world record-holder said on Twitter on Saturday but expects to make a full recovery.
“Last week I rather surprisingly suffered what’s known as a Transient Ischemic Attack or mini stroke,” the 50-year-old American tweeted.
“The good news is I’m back at home with my family, cleared of any issues and have already made great progress on my road to a full recovery.”
Johnson became the first man to win both the 200 and 400 metres at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics and then captured gold in the 400 four years later in Sydney.
His 200m world record of 19.32 seconds stood for 12 years until 2008 when it was broken by Jamaica’s Usain Bolt with 19.30. Bolt lowered it again to 19.19 at the 2009 world championships.
Johnson’s 400m world record of 43.18 stood for 17 years until South African Wayde van Niekerk lowered it to 43.03 in the 2016 Olympic final.
-
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Harper Beckham Sends Valentine’s Love Amid Brooklyn Family Drama -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’ -
ICE Agents 'fake Car Trouble' To Arrest Minnesota Man, Family Says -
Camila Mendes Reveals How She Prepared For Her Role In 'Idiotka' -
China Confirms Visa-free Travel For UK, Canada Nationals