Govt signs accord with Razmak tribesmen
Elders pledge to deny stay to terrorists
By our correspondents
April 05, 2015
MIRANSHAH: The government and local tribesmen in Razmak subdivision on Saturday inked a peace agreement in which the tribal elders pledged they would not allow terrorists to live there? in future.
Around 40 tribal elders from the Torikhel and Borakhel Wazir tribes inhabiting the scenic Razmak subdivision in North Waziristan signed the peace accord with Political Agent of North Waziristan Atifur Rahman.
Under the agreement, the tribespeople would be responsible for maintaining peace and security in their territory.
The elders promised ?they would not allow terrorists or anti-social elements to use their soil against the state or any government institution.
The elders pledged they would demolish the houses of those tribespeople sheltering militants or providing them any assistance.
They said those sheltering the militants would be expelled from the tribal region.
The elders promised they would immediately inform the local administration if they noticed any suspicious activity in the area.
Political Agent Atifur Rahman said the government would provide all facilities to the tribespeople. He told the elders the government would spend funds to strengthen education, health and other infrastructure in the area.
It was not clear how the government ?felt the need to sign peace accord with the Wazir tribespeople in Razmak as the government didn’t conduct the much-publicised Zarb-e-Azb military offensive launched in some areas of North Waziristan on June 15, 2014.
Besides some other areas in North Waziristan, the tribespeople of ?Razmak were exempted from displacement when the military operation was launched last year.
It isn’t clear how many peace accords the government would ink with the people of other areas such as Mir Ali, Miranshah, Dattakhel and Spinwam.
Perhaps the political agent didn’t know that the government in 2006 and 2007 had signed strong-worded peace accord with the tribesmen of North Waziristan but it neither helped restore peace in the tribal region ?nor prevented it from falling in the hands of militant organisations and the government finally had to use force to establish its writ.
Around 40 tribal elders from the Torikhel and Borakhel Wazir tribes inhabiting the scenic Razmak subdivision in North Waziristan signed the peace accord with Political Agent of North Waziristan Atifur Rahman.
Under the agreement, the tribespeople would be responsible for maintaining peace and security in their territory.
The elders promised ?they would not allow terrorists or anti-social elements to use their soil against the state or any government institution.
The elders pledged they would demolish the houses of those tribespeople sheltering militants or providing them any assistance.
They said those sheltering the militants would be expelled from the tribal region.
The elders promised they would immediately inform the local administration if they noticed any suspicious activity in the area.
Political Agent Atifur Rahman said the government would provide all facilities to the tribespeople. He told the elders the government would spend funds to strengthen education, health and other infrastructure in the area.
It was not clear how the government ?felt the need to sign peace accord with the Wazir tribespeople in Razmak as the government didn’t conduct the much-publicised Zarb-e-Azb military offensive launched in some areas of North Waziristan on June 15, 2014.
Besides some other areas in North Waziristan, the tribespeople of ?Razmak were exempted from displacement when the military operation was launched last year.
It isn’t clear how many peace accords the government would ink with the people of other areas such as Mir Ali, Miranshah, Dattakhel and Spinwam.
Perhaps the political agent didn’t know that the government in 2006 and 2007 had signed strong-worded peace accord with the tribesmen of North Waziristan but it neither helped restore peace in the tribal region ?nor prevented it from falling in the hands of militant organisations and the government finally had to use force to establish its writ.
-
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Harper Beckham Sends Valentine’s Love Amid Brooklyn Family Drama -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’