US wants to punish seminaries for defeat in Afghanistan, says Samiul Haq
NOWSHERA: Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Sami (JUI-S) chief Maulana Samiul Haq Saturday said the western countries and United States wanted to punish religious seminaries for their defeat in Afghanistan. Talking to reporters, he said the West and US have realised that they cannot succeeded in their nefarious designs in presence of the religious
By our correspondents
February 01, 2015
NOWSHERA: Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Sami (JUI-S) chief Maulana Samiul Haq Saturday said the western countries and United States wanted to punish religious seminaries for their defeat in Afghanistan.
Talking to reporters, he said the West and US have realised that they cannot succeeded in their nefarious designs in presence of the religious institutions. He said the religious seminaries and mosques had no link with terrorism and extremism.
He said the foreign funding to madaris was a hot topic nowadays and his seminary Darul Uloom Haqqania was also accused of receiving foreign funds. “I challenge the interior ministry and other institutions to provide evidence of foreign funding to Madrassa-i- Haqqania. I am ready for any punishment if allegations of foreign funding to the seminary are proved,” he added.
He said the Wafaqul Madaris had held several meetings with previous governments and the matters relating to registration of seminaries, financial matters and syllabus had been settled.
About the Shikarpur imambargah bombing in which 60 persons were killed and 49 others injured, Samiul Haq said it was not an act of sectarianism but of terrorism.
He said anti-state elements were behind the attack and were trying to pit the Sunnis and Shias against each other. He said the Sunnis donated blood for those injured in the attack. He alleged that the US was now sponsoring the Islamic State to promote its interests in the region.
Talking to reporters, he said the West and US have realised that they cannot succeeded in their nefarious designs in presence of the religious institutions. He said the religious seminaries and mosques had no link with terrorism and extremism.
He said the foreign funding to madaris was a hot topic nowadays and his seminary Darul Uloom Haqqania was also accused of receiving foreign funds. “I challenge the interior ministry and other institutions to provide evidence of foreign funding to Madrassa-i- Haqqania. I am ready for any punishment if allegations of foreign funding to the seminary are proved,” he added.
He said the Wafaqul Madaris had held several meetings with previous governments and the matters relating to registration of seminaries, financial matters and syllabus had been settled.
About the Shikarpur imambargah bombing in which 60 persons were killed and 49 others injured, Samiul Haq said it was not an act of sectarianism but of terrorism.
He said anti-state elements were behind the attack and were trying to pit the Sunnis and Shias against each other. He said the Sunnis donated blood for those injured in the attack. He alleged that the US was now sponsoring the Islamic State to promote its interests in the region.
-
Heavy Snowfall Disrupts Operations At Germany's Largest Airport -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Released Hours After Police Arrest -
Heidi Klum Eyes Spooky Season Anthem With Diplo After Being Dubbed 'Queen Of Halloween' -
King Charles Is In ‘unchartered Waters’ As Andrew Takes Family Down -
Why Prince Harry, Meghan 'immensely' Feel 'relieved' Amid Andrew's Arrest? -
Jennifer Aniston’s Boyfriend Jim Curtis Hints At Tensions At Home, Reveals Rules To Survive Fights -
Shamed Andrew ‘dismissive’ Act Towards Royal Butler Exposed -
Hailey Bieber Shares How She Protects Her Mental Health While Facing Endless Criticism -
Queen Elizabeth II Saw ‘qualities Of Future Queen’ In Kate Middleton -
Amanda Seyfried Shares Hilarious Reaction To Discovering Second Job On 'Housemaid': 'Didn’t Sign Up For That' -
Hilary Duff Reveals Deep Fear About Matthew Koma Marriage -
Will Sarah Ferguson End Up In Police Questioning After Andrew’s Arrest? Barrister Answers -
Matthew McConaughey Gets Candid About AI Threat To Actors: 'Be Prepared' -
Hailey Bieber Shares How 16-month-old Son Jack Blues Is Already Following In Justin Bieber's Footsteps -
Zuckerberg Denies At LA Trial That 'Instagram Targets Kids' Amid Addiction Claims -
France Sees Record 102mn International Tourists In 2025