Mon, Dec 22, 2014, Safar 29,1436 A.H : Last updated 1 hour ago
 
 
Group Chairman: Mir Javed Rahman
Beta thenews.com.pk
Editor-in-Chief: Mir Shakil-ur-Rahman
 
You are here: Home > Today's Paper > Lahore
 
 
 Lahore
 
 
 
Our Correspondent
Sunday, September 15, 2013
From Print Edition
 
 

 

LAHORE

 

A THREE-year-old child was electrocuted in the Subzazar area on Saturday.

 

Police said the boy, identified as Amanat Ali, was playing in his house at Dubbanpura when he accidentally touched a faulty electric cooler and he suffered a severe electric shock. He was rushed to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.

 

Police have handed over the body to his family.

 

DIES OF BURNS: A man expired in a local hospital a day after he sustained burns in a fire broke out in a truck in the Manawan area.

 

The man identified as Muhammad Bashir of Kho Baba Nihal Kungunpur had suffered burns when a fire broke out in a truck. He was admitted to a local hospital where he expired.

 

THIEF DIES: A thief died while trying to escape from a house in the Shahdara Town area on Saturday.

 

The deceased was identified as Naeem Mustafa of Qazi Park, Shahdara. Police said that Naeem with his two accomplices entered a house of one Naveed Ahmad Bhatti for burglary.

 

The family offered resistance, upon which, two accused managed to escape from the scene while Naeem fell on an iron rod which pierced into his chest. He was rushed to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.

 

The body has been shifted to morgue.

 

FIRST AID DAY: The Punjab Emergency Service, Rescue 1122, in collaboration with Pakistan Red Crescent Society (PRCS) marked World First Aid Day on Saturday by organising awareness activities in all districts of Punjab.

 

ACCIDENTS: At least 538 road accidents were reported in Rescue 1122’s Provincial Monitoring Cell from all 36 districts of Punjab during the last 24 hours.