Private operators challenge Haj policy in IHC
ISLAMABAD: The Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Wednesday issued notice to Secretary Ministry of Religious Affairs and ordered to submit his reply within 10 days on plea of private haj operators challenging Haj Policy 2019.
IHC Chief Justice Athar Minhallah on Wednesday resumed the hearing into petition of the private Haj operators who challenged Haj policy 2019 and quota reserved for them.
During hearing, IHC chief justice remarked that there is no solution if Saudi government reduces the Haj quota. “Petition is based on assumptions,” he added.
Justice Athar said that division bench of Islamabad High Court had already given its verdict on allotment of quota. He further remarked who had experience were the first stakeholders of reserved quota.
To this, Advocate Abdul Khalique argued that quota should be given to experience Haj operators but there should be no limit on them. He told that court that Haj quota is now limited to Haj operators who have been working till 2018. Petition states that Haj policy 2019 is in contradiction with the Supreme Court’s orders, while transparency was not ensured in awarding quota to private operators.
The petitioners have requested the court to pass orders to form new Haj policy by striking down the recent policy issued by the federal government. The first Haj policy was approved on January 30 by the federal cabinet. Issuing notices to secretary Ministry of Religious Affairs and section officer to submit their reply within 10 days, the court adjourned the hearing. It is to mention here that Lahore High Court (LHC) had rejected the same petition challenging Haj policy 2019 on February 14 and declared it non-maintainable.
As per new Haj policy this year around 200,000 Pakistanis would perform Haj in which 60 percent would be under the government scheme and 40 percent would be under private Haj operators.
-
Heavy Snowfall Disrupts Operations At Germany's Largest Airport -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Released Hours After Police Arrest -
Heidi Klum Eyes Spooky Season Anthem With Diplo After Being Dubbed 'Queen Of Halloween' -
King Charles Is In ‘unchartered Waters’ As Andrew Takes Family Down -
Why Prince Harry, Meghan 'immensely' Feel 'relieved' Amid Andrew's Arrest? -
Jennifer Aniston’s Boyfriend Jim Curtis Hints At Tensions At Home, Reveals Rules To Survive Fights -
Shamed Andrew ‘dismissive’ Act Towards Royal Butler Exposed -
Hailey Bieber Shares How She Protects Her Mental Health While Facing Endless Criticism -
Queen Elizabeth II Saw ‘qualities Of Future Queen’ In Kate Middleton -
Amanda Seyfried Shares Hilarious Reaction To Discovering Second Job On 'Housemaid': 'Didn’t Sign Up For That' -
Hilary Duff Reveals Deep Fear About Matthew Koma Marriage -
Will Sarah Ferguson End Up In Police Questioning After Andrew’s Arrest? Barrister Answers -
Matthew McConaughey Gets Candid About AI Threat To Actors: 'Be Prepared' -
Hailey Bieber Shares How 16-month-old Son Jack Blues Is Already Following In Justin Bieber's Footsteps -
Zuckerberg Denies At LA Trial That 'Instagram Targets Kids' Amid Addiction Claims -
France Sees Record 102mn International Tourists In 2025