KMC told to explain increase in bachat bazaar charges
Karachi The Sindh High Court issued notices to the Karachi Metropolitan Corporation and others on a petition against an increase in occupancy charges for bachat bazaars in the city.The organisers of bachat bazaars moved the court against the increase of occupancy charges from Rs3 per square foot to Rs25 per
By our correspondents
March 29, 2015
Karachi
The Sindh High Court issued notices to the Karachi Metropolitan Corporation and others on a petition against an increase in occupancy charges for bachat bazaars in the city.
The organisers of bachat bazaars moved the court against the increase of occupancy charges from Rs3 per square foot to Rs25 per square foot.
The petitioners submitted that they were organising bachat bazaars at 91 points in the city and paying occupancy charges Rs3 per square foot.
Their counsel said the KMC through a resolution increased the occupancy charges, and contended that the increase was illegal.
He said a demand notice was demanded retrospectively from year 2014. He submitted that the petitioners had already paid the occupancy charges till December 2014 and willing to pay till June 2015 before the Nazir of the court as the KMC had refused the request of the petitioners.
A division bench, headed by Justice Syed Hasan Azhar Rizvi, issued notices to the KMC and others for April 10 and in the meantime restrained the KMC from taking any coercive action against the petitioners’ association.
The court also directed the petitioners to submit the occupancy charges at the rate of Rs3 till June 2015.
The Sindh High Court issued notices to the Karachi Metropolitan Corporation and others on a petition against an increase in occupancy charges for bachat bazaars in the city.
The organisers of bachat bazaars moved the court against the increase of occupancy charges from Rs3 per square foot to Rs25 per square foot.
The petitioners submitted that they were organising bachat bazaars at 91 points in the city and paying occupancy charges Rs3 per square foot.
Their counsel said the KMC through a resolution increased the occupancy charges, and contended that the increase was illegal.
He said a demand notice was demanded retrospectively from year 2014. He submitted that the petitioners had already paid the occupancy charges till December 2014 and willing to pay till June 2015 before the Nazir of the court as the KMC had refused the request of the petitioners.
A division bench, headed by Justice Syed Hasan Azhar Rizvi, issued notices to the KMC and others for April 10 and in the meantime restrained the KMC from taking any coercive action against the petitioners’ association.
The court also directed the petitioners to submit the occupancy charges at the rate of Rs3 till June 2015.
-
Alan Cumming Shares Plans With 2026 Bafta Film Awards -
OpenClaw Founder Peter Steinberger Hired By OpenAI As AI Agent Race Heats Up -
Kate Middleton's Reaction To Harry Stepping Back From Royal Duties Laid Bare -
Rose Byrne Continues Winning Streak After Golden Globe Awards Victory -
Ice Hockey Olympics Update: Canada Stays Unbeaten With Dominant Win Over France -
Brooklyn Beckham Makes This Promise To Nicola Peltz Amid Family Feud -
Chinese New Year Explained: All You Need To Know About The Year Of The Horse -
Canadian Passport Holders Can Now Travel To China Visa-free: Here's How -
Maya Hawke Marries Christian Lee Hutson In New York Ceremony -
Glen Powell Reveals Wild Prank That Left Sister Hunting Jail Cells -
Edmonton Weather Warning: Up To 30 Cm Of Snow Possible In Parts Of Alberta -
'A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms' Episode 5: What Time It Airs And Where To Stream -
Amy Schumer Drops Cryptic Message On First Valentine Amid Divorce -
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports