Zulfiqar Mirza no longer one of us, declares PPP
KarachiZulfiqar Mirza’s persistent tirades against the Pakistan People’s Party, its leadership and elected representatives have left us with no option but to disown him, Sindh Information Minister Sharjeel Inam Memon declared at a press conference at the party’s media cell on Tuesday.“He has been hurling completely baseless allegations against the
By our correspondents
February 18, 2015
Karachi
Zulfiqar Mirza’s persistent tirades against the Pakistan People’s Party, its leadership and elected representatives have left us with no option but to disown him, Sindh Information Minister Sharjeel Inam Memon declared at a press conference at the party’s media cell on Tuesday.
“He has been hurling completely baseless allegations against the PPP leadership out of personal spite; his accusations have no ideological or factual basis,” said Memon, the PPP’s central deputy information secretary, who was flanked by senior party legislators and ministers.
The party had, so far, remained silent over the former Sindh home minister’s most recent outburst and Tuesday’s conference was the first time the PPP’s main spin doctor came forward to respond.
“His actions and words are beyond all moral and professional limits; they prove that Mirza has been harbouring a personal grudge against the party leadership,” said Memon, “Any politician speaking over actual ideological differences would never resort to such language.”
The minister asserted that PPP leaders have long faced such accusations and, most importantly, been completely exonerated of all false corruption charges by all relevant institutions of the country.
Referring to Mirza’s allegations against MPAs and provincial ministers, Memon questioned as to why the former home minister had failed to notice these purported faults during his time as a member of the provincial cabinet.
Tweets do the trick
Playing up the significance of Bilawal Bhutto Zardari’s recent tweets, Memon said the PPP chairman had forcefully quashed all rumours of intra-party differences and family discord. “Bilawal’s remarks were an apt reply for all those trying to spread disunity within the PPP,” he said.
Memon maintained that the PPP was more than capable of rebuking all of Mirza’s allegations with solid proofs, but it chose not to resort to such public mudslinging. “The country remains at a critical juncture; we do not want to engage such people at a time when Pakistan’s political and military leadership have come together in an unprecedented manner to battle the menace of terrorism,” he said.
Uzair Baloch’s extradition
The minister also took the opportunity to clarify the PPP’s position over the arrest and extradition of Lyari
gangster Uzair Baloch, stating that the party would not hinder the process in any possible manner.
Zulfiqar Mirza’s persistent tirades against the Pakistan People’s Party, its leadership and elected representatives have left us with no option but to disown him, Sindh Information Minister Sharjeel Inam Memon declared at a press conference at the party’s media cell on Tuesday.
“He has been hurling completely baseless allegations against the PPP leadership out of personal spite; his accusations have no ideological or factual basis,” said Memon, the PPP’s central deputy information secretary, who was flanked by senior party legislators and ministers.
The party had, so far, remained silent over the former Sindh home minister’s most recent outburst and Tuesday’s conference was the first time the PPP’s main spin doctor came forward to respond.
“His actions and words are beyond all moral and professional limits; they prove that Mirza has been harbouring a personal grudge against the party leadership,” said Memon, “Any politician speaking over actual ideological differences would never resort to such language.”
The minister asserted that PPP leaders have long faced such accusations and, most importantly, been completely exonerated of all false corruption charges by all relevant institutions of the country.
Referring to Mirza’s allegations against MPAs and provincial ministers, Memon questioned as to why the former home minister had failed to notice these purported faults during his time as a member of the provincial cabinet.
Tweets do the trick
Playing up the significance of Bilawal Bhutto Zardari’s recent tweets, Memon said the PPP chairman had forcefully quashed all rumours of intra-party differences and family discord. “Bilawal’s remarks were an apt reply for all those trying to spread disunity within the PPP,” he said.
Memon maintained that the PPP was more than capable of rebuking all of Mirza’s allegations with solid proofs, but it chose not to resort to such public mudslinging. “The country remains at a critical juncture; we do not want to engage such people at a time when Pakistan’s political and military leadership have come together in an unprecedented manner to battle the menace of terrorism,” he said.
Uzair Baloch’s extradition
The minister also took the opportunity to clarify the PPP’s position over the arrest and extradition of Lyari
gangster Uzair Baloch, stating that the party would not hinder the process in any possible manner.
-
Heavy Snowfall Disrupts Operations At Germany's Largest Airport -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Released Hours After Police Arrest -
Heidi Klum Eyes Spooky Season Anthem With Diplo After Being Dubbed 'Queen Of Halloween' -
King Charles Is In ‘unchartered Waters’ As Andrew Takes Family Down -
Why Prince Harry, Meghan 'immensely' Feel 'relieved' Amid Andrew's Arrest? -
Jennifer Aniston’s Boyfriend Jim Curtis Hints At Tensions At Home, Reveals Rules To Survive Fights -
Shamed Andrew ‘dismissive’ Act Towards Royal Butler Exposed -
Hailey Bieber Shares How She Protects Her Mental Health While Facing Endless Criticism -
Queen Elizabeth II Saw ‘qualities Of Future Queen’ In Kate Middleton -
Amanda Seyfried Shares Hilarious Reaction To Discovering Second Job On 'Housemaid': 'Didn’t Sign Up For That' -
Hilary Duff Reveals Deep Fear About Matthew Koma Marriage -
Will Sarah Ferguson End Up In Police Questioning After Andrew’s Arrest? Barrister Answers -
Matthew McConaughey Gets Candid About AI Threat To Actors: 'Be Prepared' -
Hailey Bieber Shares How 16-month-old Son Jack Blues Is Already Following In Justin Bieber's Footsteps -
Zuckerberg Denies At LA Trial That 'Instagram Targets Kids' Amid Addiction Claims -
France Sees Record 102mn International Tourists In 2025