India has panicked over ‘Kashmir million march’, says Barrister Sultan
LONDON: Former Prime Minister of Azad Kashmir Barrister Sultan Mahmood has accused India of trying t
By Murtaza Ali Shah
October 22, 2014
LONDON: Former Prime Minister of Azad Kashmir Barrister Sultan Mahmood has accused India of trying to disrupt the ‘Kashmir Million March’ planned for 26th October by asking the British government to ban the march through London.
Thousands of British Kashmiris are set to join the ‘Kashmir Million March’ in London to register their protest at the continuing human rights violations and to call on the western powers to end their silence and hold India accountable for committing the worst kind of atrocities.
Barrister Sultan said that India’s External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj was in London for the launch of Pravasi Bharatiya Divas where she met the senior British government officials and requested them to ban the march through London.
Barrister Sultan praised the British government for politely telling Sushma Swaraj that a ban on a democratic protest will not be liked by thousands of British nationals who are gearing up for the historic protest.
The former AJK prime minister said that the planned protest had caused deep upset in Indian circles who don’t want the world to know about the “dark side of India which suppresses and brutalises its minorities and discriminates against them at all levels”.
The PPP leader called on India to improve its human rights record and stop torturing Kashmiris instead of trying to suppress the democratic voice of the people through back door methods and blackmailing.
Barrister Sultan Mahmood Chaudhary said that leading Indian media platforms had already started negative propaganda against the march branding it “anti India”.
He said the protest was not against India but against the policies of successive governments towards Kashmiris. “Its Indian establishment’s policy to demonise and suppress their minorities, mainly Dalits, Sikhs and Kashmiris. It’s part of the Indian state policy to view with suspicion anyone who doesn’t belong to the ruling upper caste and class. Kashmris have been the biggest victim of this injustice. Over 100,000 of them have been butchered but India acts as it’s a civilised country when it clearly is a barbaric government applying the tactics used by Hitler.”
Barrister Sultan said that the discovery of mass graves in India was a scandal and that showed how India kills and dumps Kashmiris for demanding the right of self-determination. “We are calling on India to abide by international laws and conventions and stop being a rogue state.”
Thousands of British Kashmiris are set to join the ‘Kashmir Million March’ in London to register their protest at the continuing human rights violations and to call on the western powers to end their silence and hold India accountable for committing the worst kind of atrocities.
Barrister Sultan said that India’s External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj was in London for the launch of Pravasi Bharatiya Divas where she met the senior British government officials and requested them to ban the march through London.
Barrister Sultan praised the British government for politely telling Sushma Swaraj that a ban on a democratic protest will not be liked by thousands of British nationals who are gearing up for the historic protest.
The former AJK prime minister said that the planned protest had caused deep upset in Indian circles who don’t want the world to know about the “dark side of India which suppresses and brutalises its minorities and discriminates against them at all levels”.
The PPP leader called on India to improve its human rights record and stop torturing Kashmiris instead of trying to suppress the democratic voice of the people through back door methods and blackmailing.
Barrister Sultan Mahmood Chaudhary said that leading Indian media platforms had already started negative propaganda against the march branding it “anti India”.
He said the protest was not against India but against the policies of successive governments towards Kashmiris. “Its Indian establishment’s policy to demonise and suppress their minorities, mainly Dalits, Sikhs and Kashmiris. It’s part of the Indian state policy to view with suspicion anyone who doesn’t belong to the ruling upper caste and class. Kashmris have been the biggest victim of this injustice. Over 100,000 of them have been butchered but India acts as it’s a civilised country when it clearly is a barbaric government applying the tactics used by Hitler.”
Barrister Sultan said that the discovery of mass graves in India was a scandal and that showed how India kills and dumps Kashmiris for demanding the right of self-determination. “We are calling on India to abide by international laws and conventions and stop being a rogue state.”
-
Apple Sued Over 'child Sexual Abuse' Material Stored Or Shared On ICloud -
Nancy Guthrie Kidnapped With 'blessings' Of Drug Cartels -
Hailey Bieber Reveals Justin Bieber's Hit Song Baby Jack Is Already Singing -
Emily Ratajkowski Appears To Confirm Romance With Dua Lipa's Ex Romain Gavras -
Leighton Meester Breaks Silence On Viral Ariana Grande Interaction On Critics Choice Awards -
Heavy Snowfall Disrupts Operations At Germany's Largest Airport -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Released Hours After Police Arrest -
Heidi Klum Eyes Spooky Season Anthem With Diplo After Being Dubbed 'Queen Of Halloween' -
King Charles Is In ‘unchartered Waters’ As Andrew Takes Family Down -
Why Prince Harry, Meghan 'immensely' Feel 'relieved' Amid Andrew's Arrest? -
Jennifer Aniston’s Boyfriend Jim Curtis Hints At Tensions At Home, Reveals Rules To Survive Fights -
Shamed Andrew ‘dismissive’ Act Towards Royal Butler Exposed -
Hailey Bieber Shares How She Protects Her Mental Health While Facing Endless Criticism -
Queen Elizabeth II Saw ‘qualities Of Future Queen’ In Kate Middleton -
Amanda Seyfried Shares Hilarious Reaction To Discovering Second Job On 'Housemaid': 'Didn’t Sign Up For That' -
Hilary Duff Reveals Deep Fear About Matthew Koma Marriage