12 killed as blast rips through Imambargah in Bolan
BOLAN: A blast ripped through an Imambargah in the Bhaag area on Thursday, killing at least 12 people and injuring 21 others, including children.Balochistan Home Minister Sarfaraz Bugti said that the explosion occurred in Imambargah Kazmia Chilgiri in Bhaag Tehsil moments before a gathering was about to begin. Owing to
By our correspondents
October 23, 2015
BOLAN: A blast ripped through an Imambargah in the Bhaag area on Thursday, killing at least 12 people and injuring 21 others, including children.
Balochistan Home Minister Sarfaraz Bugti said that the explosion occurred in Imambargah Kazmia Chilgiri in Bhaag Tehsil moments before a gathering was about to begin. Owing to lack of ambulances in the area, the victims were being shifted through vehicles of the paramilitary force to hospital. He said that the hospital was located at an hour’s drive from the blast scene.
The home minister said that according to preliminary reports, the blast appeared to be a suicide attack.Bugti said that ambulances and a helicopter had been sent to the area for rescue activities.
Sarfaraz Bugti said that there were six children between 10 and 12 years old among the dead and that some women had also died. He added that the death toll might rise.
Local administration official Muhammad Waseem confirmed the attack and the death toll. Waseem said that the suspected suicide bomber appeared to be about 18 years old and was wearing a woman’s burqa. In a statement, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan condemned the blast.
Balochistan Home Minister Sarfaraz Bugti said that the explosion occurred in Imambargah Kazmia Chilgiri in Bhaag Tehsil moments before a gathering was about to begin. Owing to lack of ambulances in the area, the victims were being shifted through vehicles of the paramilitary force to hospital. He said that the hospital was located at an hour’s drive from the blast scene.
The home minister said that according to preliminary reports, the blast appeared to be a suicide attack.Bugti said that ambulances and a helicopter had been sent to the area for rescue activities.
Sarfaraz Bugti said that there were six children between 10 and 12 years old among the dead and that some women had also died. He added that the death toll might rise.
Local administration official Muhammad Waseem confirmed the attack and the death toll. Waseem said that the suspected suicide bomber appeared to be about 18 years old and was wearing a woman’s burqa. In a statement, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan condemned the blast.
-
Pamela Anderson, David Hasselhoff's Return To Reimagined Version Of 'Baywatch' Confirmed By Star -
Willie Colón, Salsa Legend, Dies At 75 -
Prince Edward Praised After Andrew's Arrest: 'Scandal-free Brother' -
Shawn Levy Recalls Learning Key Comedy Tactic In 'The Pink Panther' -
King Charles Fears More Trouble As Monarchy Faces Growing Pressure -
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again