LHC restrains NAB from giving final order on MCB case
LAHORE: The Lahore High Court on Monday restrained National Accountability Bureau from passing final order on an inquiry into Muslim Commercial Bank privatization issue against bank chairman Mian Mansha and director Khawaja Javed Iqbal.The chairman and directors have approached LHC against continuous summoning from NAB in connection with the ongoing
By our correspondents
October 06, 2015
LAHORE: The Lahore High Court on Monday restrained National Accountability Bureau from passing final order on an inquiry into Muslim Commercial Bank privatization issue against bank chairman Mian Mansha and director Khawaja Javed Iqbal.
The chairman and directors have approached LHC against continuous summoning from NAB in connection with the ongoing inquiry. They pleaded through their counsel that they purchased bank in auction after fulfilling all requirements. They pointed out that under section 42 of Privatization Commission Ordinance, an investigation agency could probe into within one year time but NAB has initiated inquiry after lapse of several years which is violation of section 42 of the ordinance.
They said NAB had been continuously served notices on them to appear before inquiry officers, and requested the court to suspend the notices.
Justice Shamas Mehmood Mirza heard initial arguments and stopped NAB from issuing final order on inquiry and sought replies from chairman NAB, law ministry and
privatization commission by October 20.
The chairman and directors have approached LHC against continuous summoning from NAB in connection with the ongoing inquiry. They pleaded through their counsel that they purchased bank in auction after fulfilling all requirements. They pointed out that under section 42 of Privatization Commission Ordinance, an investigation agency could probe into within one year time but NAB has initiated inquiry after lapse of several years which is violation of section 42 of the ordinance.
They said NAB had been continuously served notices on them to appear before inquiry officers, and requested the court to suspend the notices.
Justice Shamas Mehmood Mirza heard initial arguments and stopped NAB from issuing final order on inquiry and sought replies from chairman NAB, law ministry and
privatization commission by October 20.
-
Alan Cumming Shares Plans With 2026 Bafta Film Awards -
OpenClaw Founder Peter Steinberger Hired By OpenAI As AI Agent Race Heats Up -
Kate Middleton's Reaction To Harry Stepping Back From Royal Duties Laid Bare -
Rose Byrne Continues Winning Streak After Golden Globe Awards Victory -
Ice Hockey Olympics Update: Canada Stays Unbeaten With Dominant Win Over France -
Brooklyn Beckham Makes This Promise To Nicola Peltz Amid Family Feud -
Chinese New Year Explained: All You Need To Know About The Year Of The Horse -
Canadian Passport Holders Can Now Travel To China Visa-free: Here's How -
Maya Hawke Marries Christian Lee Hutson In New York Ceremony -
Glen Powell Reveals Wild Prank That Left Sister Hunting Jail Cells -
Edmonton Weather Warning: Up To 30 Cm Of Snow Possible In Parts Of Alberta -
'A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms' Episode 5: What Time It Airs And Where To Stream -
Amy Schumer Drops Cryptic Message On First Valentine Amid Divorce -
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports