RAW’s role in Safoora tragedy found: Qaim
Vows to eliminate criminals in city at all costs; says army and intelligence agencies cooperating with provincial govt; Sharjeel says Karachi operation to continue till logical end; promises improvement in water supply
By our correspondents
May 18, 2015
SUKKUR: Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah on Sunday said the security agencies had found solid evidence of Indian intelligence agency RAW’s involvement in the Safoora tragedy and the Karachi unrest.
Addressing a press conference here, he expressed his government’s determination to eliminate criminals from the port city of Karachi at all costs.“We have a lot of courage and spirit to fix Karachi’s troubles and the army and intelligence agencies are cooperating with the provincial government.”
The CM said criticism for the sake of criticism will not be tolerated, adding that the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan should ‘mind his own province’ and answer for the lives lost in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa first.
Meanwhile, Sindh Minister for Information Sharjeel Memon on Sunday said the Karachi operation will continue till its logical conclusion.Talking to reporters here, he said the Karachi operation would be concluded after the restoration of peace, as the writ of the government had been targeted by terrorists.
He appealed to the people of Karachi to trust and facilitate the operation being carried out by the law-enforcement agencies.“Chief Minister Qaim Ali Shah has been a good administrator, as he has given a freehand to the Sindh Police and Rangers to implement the policies of the government,” added Sharjeel.
The police personnel, he said, were being imparted modern skills and provided weapons to fight and achieve victory against terrorist organisations.On the water crisis, Sharjeel said the demand for water had dropped to around 400 million gallons in Karachi.
He said the government had supplied free water in affected areas of the city. “Around 1,000 million gallons is the water demand, whereas 600 gallons are being supplied to the metropolis,” he said.
He said around 800 tankers were supplying water free of cost and the supply would increase from Tuesday (today).“Work on 100-million-gallon Dhabeji pumping station is underway, which will be completed in the next nine months,” the minister said.
Addressing a press conference here, he expressed his government’s determination to eliminate criminals from the port city of Karachi at all costs.“We have a lot of courage and spirit to fix Karachi’s troubles and the army and intelligence agencies are cooperating with the provincial government.”
The CM said criticism for the sake of criticism will not be tolerated, adding that the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan should ‘mind his own province’ and answer for the lives lost in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa first.
Meanwhile, Sindh Minister for Information Sharjeel Memon on Sunday said the Karachi operation will continue till its logical conclusion.Talking to reporters here, he said the Karachi operation would be concluded after the restoration of peace, as the writ of the government had been targeted by terrorists.
He appealed to the people of Karachi to trust and facilitate the operation being carried out by the law-enforcement agencies.“Chief Minister Qaim Ali Shah has been a good administrator, as he has given a freehand to the Sindh Police and Rangers to implement the policies of the government,” added Sharjeel.
The police personnel, he said, were being imparted modern skills and provided weapons to fight and achieve victory against terrorist organisations.On the water crisis, Sharjeel said the demand for water had dropped to around 400 million gallons in Karachi.
He said the government had supplied free water in affected areas of the city. “Around 1,000 million gallons is the water demand, whereas 600 gallons are being supplied to the metropolis,” he said.
He said around 800 tankers were supplying water free of cost and the supply would increase from Tuesday (today).“Work on 100-million-gallon Dhabeji pumping station is underway, which will be completed in the next nine months,” the minister said.
-
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child -
Leading Astrophysicist Shot Dead At Southern California Home -
Johnny Depp's Kind Gesture Towards Late 'Grey's Anatomy' Actor Eric Dane Before Death Laid Bare -
How Princess Eugenie, Beatrice React To Andrew Arrest? -
Kylie Jenner 'convinced' Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'crushing' On Timothee Chalamet: 'It's Disrespectful' -
Gemma Chan Reflects On 'difficult Subject Matter' Portrayed In 'Josephine' -
Blood Falls In Antarctica? What Causes The Mysterious Red Waterfall Hidden In Ice -
AI Power Play: Nvidia Moves To Invest $30 Billion In OpenAI -
Will Savannah Guthrie Ever Return To 'Today' Show? Here's What Insiders Predict -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor In A Fix Over New Disturbing TMZ Photos