Sindh tightens lockdown
KARACHI: Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah on Tuesday held a consultative session with some of the key members of his cabinet and decided to tighten the lockdown regime in the province to prevent local transmission of coronavirus. Chairing the meeting, he expressed his deep resentment at the way people were coming onto roads and crowding outside grocery and food shops in Karachi, saying that the situation was highly undesirable in the present emergency, according to sources privy to the meeting.
He asked the law-enforcement agencies to ensure complete observance of the lockdown orders of the provincial government.
The chief minister reportedly said on the occasion that he wanted enforcement of the lockdown orders once more stringently as had been done in the initial seven days of the lockdown regime in Sindh.
He said that nobody would be allowed to leave their home without any valid urgency or necessity. He said that statistics of the local spread of the COVID-19 epidemic in the country had become highly alarming. He CM once more appealed to the masses to stay indoors to prevent further spread of the viral disease. He said that the government had to act very fast before it was too late.
Meanwhile, the provincial government could exercise the option of promulgating an ordinance to extend due relief to people from different walks of life in a lawful manner during the COVID-19 emergency.
The proposed ordinance would contain due concessions in the payment of different provincial taxes by traders and businessmen who had been facing serious economic hardships due to the lockdown regime, as the revival and continuity of the business and industrial activities had become a serious challenge.
These concessions will relate to the levy of the professional tax and other provincial taxes received by the Sindh Revenue Board from the traders and businessmen.
-
Heavy Snowfall Disrupts Operations At Germany's Largest Airport -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Released Hours After Police Arrest -
Heidi Klum Eyes Spooky Season Anthem With Diplo After Being Dubbed 'Queen Of Halloween' -
King Charles Is In ‘unchartered Waters’ As Andrew Takes Family Down -
Why Prince Harry, Meghan 'immensely' Feel 'relieved' Amid Andrew's Arrest? -
Jennifer Aniston’s Boyfriend Jim Curtis Hints At Tensions At Home, Reveals Rules To Survive Fights -
Shamed Andrew ‘dismissive’ Act Towards Royal Butler Exposed -
Hailey Bieber Shares How She Protects Her Mental Health While Facing Endless Criticism -
Queen Elizabeth II Saw ‘qualities Of Future Queen’ In Kate Middleton -
Amanda Seyfried Shares Hilarious Reaction To Discovering Second Job On 'Housemaid': 'Didn’t Sign Up For That' -
Hilary Duff Reveals Deep Fear About Matthew Koma Marriage -
Will Sarah Ferguson End Up In Police Questioning After Andrew’s Arrest? Barrister Answers -
Matthew McConaughey Gets Candid About AI Threat To Actors: 'Be Prepared' -
Hailey Bieber Shares How 16-month-old Son Jack Blues Is Already Following In Justin Bieber's Footsteps -
Zuckerberg Denies At LA Trial That 'Instagram Targets Kids' Amid Addiction Claims -
France Sees Record 102mn International Tourists In 2025