Coronavirus Emergency Fund body spends Rs285m
The provincial government has so far utilised Rs285 million from the Coronavirus Emergency Fund it has established under chief secretary.
This was shared with the participants of a meeting of the committee of the fund held under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary Mumtaz Shah at the New Sindh Secretariat on Sunday. The committee members are Secretary Finance Hassan Naqvi, CEO Dr Abdul Bari of the Indus Hospital, Faisal Edhi of the Edhi Foundation, and Mushtaq Chhapra, a philanthropist.
The meeting approved an amount of Rs285 million utilised for the establishment of a field Hospital at the Expo Centre, Karachi. The committee also approved another amount of Rs5.5 million for the purchase of kits and necessary equipment for the testing and treatment of coronavirus patients.
The meeting was told that till last week funds to the tune of Rs3.551 billion had been raised, including Rs2.87 billion donated by government entities and Rs68.44 million by private entities and other individuals. The donations are pouring in the fund every day. The chief secretary said that each and every penny of the fund would be spent on the recommendation of the committee.
-
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Harper Beckham Sends Valentine’s Love Amid Brooklyn Family Drama -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’