Six Pathankot attackers crossed into India from Pakistan
ISI conducted initial probe; official terms report baseless saying no opinion can be given at this stage
ISLAMABAD: The federal government and Pakistan Army are not only on the same page on investigating and apprehending the terrorists allegedly involved in the Jan 2, 2016 Pathankot attack but also on a complete probe on the basis of information shared by India. In this connection, arrests have been carried out by the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI).
Senior government officials told The News that the information provided by India was not shared with the intelligence agencies, except the ISI. According to sources, the ISI initially investigated the details provided by New Delhi and then arrested some key members of a banned outfit. Investigations and search operations are still in progress.
Government officials confirmed to The News that after initial investigations, it had been established that all the six attackers who carried out the Pathankot attack had infiltrated into India from Pakistan. Government officials said now when comprehensive investigations will start, other intelligence organisations and law enforcement agencies will become part of a joint investigation. Officials said around four key persons had been arrested in Pakistan in connection with the attack.
According to the Prime Minister’s office, those arrested in connection with the Pathankot attack belong to the banned organisation Jaish-e-Muhammad. It is also important to mention that the top Jaish-e-Muhammad leadership is believed to be in the custody of law enforcement agencies for the last many years.
When an official was approached, he termed the report about the initial probe of no consequence. He said the probe is continuing and evidences are being examined from different angles. He said it is not possible to form an opinion on initial investigations in such cases. He said those held in connection with the Pathankot attack are just suspects and it is not easy to say anything definite on the basis of information gleaned from them. Therefore, it is wrong to say that the attackers had crossed into India from Pakistan.
-
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years -
Eric Dane Drops Raw Confession For Rebecca Gayheart In Final Interview -
Trump Announces New 10% Global Tariff After Supreme Court Setback -
Influencer Dies Days After Plastic Surgery: Are Cosmetic Procedures Really Safe? -
Eric Dane Confesses Heartbreaking Regret About Daughters' Weddings Before Death -
Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Reveals Stage 1 Cervical Cancer Diagnosis -
Timothee Chalamet Admits He Was 'grumpy' Before Beau Kylie Jenner's Unexpected Move -
Hilary Duff’s Son Roasts Her Outfit In New Album Interview -
Alexandra Daddario, Andrew Form Part Ways After 3 Years Of Marriage -
Eric Dane Rejected Sex Symbol Label -
Avan Jogia Says Life With Fiancee Halsey Feels Like 'coming Home' -
Kate Middleton's Role In Handling Prince William And Harry Feud Revealed -
Tucker Carlson Says Passport Seized, Staff Member Questioned At Israel Airport