Covid kills 19 more as another 628 test positive
Nineteen more people have died due to Covid-19 and 628 others have tested positive for the disease during the past 24 hours in Sindh, with the death toll due to the viral coronavirus infection reaching 5,183 in the province.
Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah said in his daily situation report on the health emergency on Wednesday that 13,972 samples were tested in the past 24 hours, resulting in 628 people, or five per cent of those who were screened, being diagnosed with Covid-19.
The provincial government has so far conducted 4,236,179 tests, which have resulted in 325,093 positive cases, which means that eight per cent of those screened have been found to be infected, he added.
Shah said that after the latest deaths, the rate of the diagnosed people who have lost their fight with Covid-19 stands at two per cent in Sindh. He said that 23,717 people across the province are currently infected: 22,915 are in self-isolation at home, 20 at isolation centres and 782 at hospitals, while 725 patients are in critical condition, of whom 69 are on life support.
He added that 574 more people have recovered during the past 24 hours, increasing the number of cured patients to 296,821, which shows the recovery rate to be 91.3 per cent. The CM said that out of the 628 fresh cases of Sindh, 317 (or 51 per cent) have been reported in Karachi Division: 121 of the city’s new patients are from District East, 67 from District Central, 62 from District South, 44 from District Korangi, 13 from District Malir and 10 from District West.
As for the other districts of the province, Hyderabad has reported 46 new cases, Shaheed Benazirabad 28, Badin 27, Mirpurkhas 23, Jacobabad 20, Jamshoro 15, Umerkot 14, Tando Allahyar 13, Dadu 12, Naushehroferoze 10, Thatta and Sanghar nine each, Tando Muhammad Khan and Tharparkar seven each, Ghotki, Kashmore and Larkana five each, Sukkur four, Khairpur three, Sujawal two and Shikarpur one, he added.
The chief executive reiterated his appeal to the people of Sindh that they should comply with the standard operating procedures devised by his provincial government.
-
Tucker Carlson Says Passport Seized, Staff Member Questioned At Israel Airport -
Taylor Swift Made Sure Jodie Turner-Smith's Little Girl Had A Special Day On 'Opalite' Music Video Set -
Eric Dane Says Touching Goodbye To Daughters Billie And Georgia In New Netflix Documentary -
Channing Tatum Reveals What He Told Daughter After Violent Incident At School -
King Charles Lands In The Line Of Fire Because Of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor -
Denise Richards Doubles Down On Abuse Claims Against Ex Husband Aaron Phypers Amid Show Return -
Russia Set To Block Overseas Crypto Exchanges In Sweeping Crackdown -
Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals Deep Personal Connection With Kate Hudson -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s Game Plan For Beatrice, Eugenie: ‘Extra Popcorn For This Disaster’ -
OpenAI To Rollout AI Powered Smart Speakers By 2027 -
Is Dakota Johnsons Dating Younger Pop Star After Breakup With Coldplay Frontman Chris Martin? -
Hilary Duff Tears Up Talking About Estranged Sister Haylie Duff -
US Supreme Court Strikes Down Trump’s Global Tariffs As 'unlawful' -
Kelly Clarkson Explains Decision To Quit 'The Kelly Clarkson Show' -
Inside Hilary Duff's Supportive Marriage With Husband Matthew Koma Amid New Album Release -
Daniel Radcliffe Admits To Being Self Conscious While Filming 'Harry Potter' In Late Teens