French tennis chief planning for 2021 Roland Garros in usual slot
PARIS: French tennis federation president Bernard Giudicelli says there are no plans to move the 2021 Roland Garros tournament from its traditional May-June slot after this year’s event was shifted to the autumn due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The French Open was postponed by four months after the tennis season was put on hold due to the global health crisis.
Only 1,000 fans have been allowed to attend the Roland Garros grounds each day over the past two weeks, with Covid-19 cases on the rise again in France.
However, Giudicelli said Sunday it was impossible to predict whether next year’s edition would also be affected by the pandemic.
“I would say to make a decision on the tournament in May and June, it is not about ourself. Today for us the decision is made,” he told reporters. “We will play Roland Garros at the end of May and the beginning of June as it is done so far.”
-
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest -
Hilary Duff Finally Addresses Ashley Tisdale's 'toxic Mom Group' Essay -
Ryan Coogler Explains Why His Latest Project 'Sinners' Is So Close To His Heart -
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's Longtime Friend Shares True Feelings Of Royal Couple On Andrew Arrest -
Who Is Punch? Here’s Everything To Know About The Viral Sensation Winning Over Internet -
Andrew's 'mental Health' Concerns Comment Sparks Outrage On Social Media -
Taye Diggs Encourages People For Early Cancer Detection After Losing Both His Parents -
Mia Goth Reacts To Ex-partner Shia LaBeouf's Mardi Gras Arrest -
Andrew's Cash Crisis Exposed Amid '£1m' Legal Bills -
Huge Donations Made On Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Matty Healy Sets Summer Wedding Date Close To Ex Taylor Swift's Nuptials -
Jennifer Lawrence On Her Complicated Relationship With Fame While Battling Rejection: 'Annoying' -
Protest Held Outside Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Home -
NASA Targets March 6 For Launch Of Crewed Mission Around Moon Following Successful Rocket Fueling Test -
Conan O'Brien Addresses Rob Reiner's Tragic Death After Explosive Clash At Christmas Bash