close
Advertisement
Can't connect right now! retry

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

Goods burnt in Lahore factory fire

National

May 14, 2018

LAHORE: Goods worth millions of rupees were reduced to ashes when a fire broke out in a garment factory in North Cantt area on Sunday. Cause of the fire was said to be short circuit. Upon being informed, firefighters rushed to the scene and extinguished the fire after hectic efforts.

Household items worth thousands of rupees were burnt when a fire broke out in houses in Islampura and Sherakot due to short circuit. No casualty was reported in the incidents. Meanwhile, search for a missing man who dived into the BRB canal for swimming in the limits of Haier police entered the second day on Sunday. Rescuers suspended the daylong search for the man identified as Khalid Nawaz in the evening.

Topstory minus plus

Opinion minus plus

Newspost minus plus

Editorial minus plus

National minus plus

World minus plus

Sports minus plus

Business minus plus

Karachi minus plus

Lahore minus plus

Islamabad minus plus

Peshawar minus plus