close
Advertisement
Can't connect right now! retry

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!
REUTERS
March 14, 2018

4 dead in military kitchen bomb attack in Yemen

World

REUTERS
March 14, 2018

ADEN: At least four people were killed in Yemen’s port city of Aden on Tuesday when a car bomb ripped through a military kitchen used by Yemeni forces trained and backed by the United Arab Emirates (UAE), witnesses said.

They said dozens more people were wounded in the blast.The witnesses said the blast was caused by a car laden with explosives, apparently driven by a suicide bomber towards the kitchen in al-Derain area in northern Aden.

Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack.It was the second attack of its kind targeting security forces in the city, where United Arab Emirates forces from the Saudi-led coalition that has been operating in Yemen since 2015 hold sway.

Islamic State last month claimed responsibility for an attack targeting the headquarters of a counter-terrorism unit in Aden that killed at least 14 people, including the attackers. Witnesses said rescuers were trying to pull out four charred bodies from the destroyed kitchen. The force of the blast damaged stores and cars nearby.

Topstory minus plus

Opinion minus plus

Newspost minus plus

Editorial minus plus

National minus plus

World minus plus

Sports minus plus

Business minus plus

Karachi minus plus

Lahore minus plus

Islamabad minus plus

Peshawar minus plus