Aramco IPO delayed until 2019: report
London: The initial public offering of oil giant Saudi Aramco may be delayed until 2019 at the earliest, the Financial Times reported, citing British officials briefed on the matter.
The IPO, potentially the largest stock sale ever, had been scheduled for the second half of 2018, amid efforts to select an international venue for its listing. FT on Sunday cited several officials as saying they were "warned by their Saudi counterparts" of the delay.
The newspaper said the delay came as the company struggled to arrive at a $2 trillion valuation sought by Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. The powerful crown prince, who has consolidated his grip on various sectors in Saudi Arabia since his appointment in June, is overseeing the kingdom´s plan to sell under five percent of the state-owned oil giant.
Aramco neither confirmed nor denied the FT report. "In addition to listing on Tadawul -- the home exchange -- a range of international options are being held under active review," an Aramco spokesman told AFP.
"Appropriate decisions will be made in due course." Saudi Arabia had laid out plans for Aramco´s dual listing on the Saudi stock market and an international exchange, with markets in New York, London and Hong Kong vying for the offering.
The FT report said London had a "good chance" of securing the listing, citing insiders briefed on the negotiations. Saudi Energy Minister Khalid al-Falih told CNN last week that "litigation and liability are a big concern in the US".
"Saudi Aramco is too big and too important for the kingdom to be subjected to that kind of risk," the minister added. Experts had predicted the IPO delay, given the complexity of the transaction. Research firm Capital Economics has said it was unlikely to significantly impact the kingdom´s near-term economic outlook.
-
Dwayne Johnson Confesses What Secretly Scares Him More Than Fame -
Elizabeth Hurley's Son Damian Breaks Silence On Mom’s Romance With Billy Ray Cyrus -
Shamed Andrew Should Be Happy ‘he Is Only In For Sharing Information’ -
Daniel Radcliffe Wants Son To See Him As Just Dad, Not Harry Potter -
Apple Sued Over 'child Sexual Abuse' Material Stored Or Shared On ICloud -
Nancy Guthrie Kidnapped With 'blessings' Of Drug Cartels -
Hailey Bieber Reveals Justin Bieber's Hit Song Baby Jack Is Already Singing -
Emily Ratajkowski Appears To Confirm Romance With Dua Lipa's Ex Romain Gavras -
Leighton Meester Breaks Silence On Viral Ariana Grande Interaction On Critics Choice Awards -
Heavy Snowfall Disrupts Operations At Germany's Largest Airport -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Released Hours After Police Arrest -
Heidi Klum Eyes Spooky Season Anthem With Diplo After Being Dubbed 'Queen Of Halloween' -
King Charles Is In ‘unchartered Waters’ As Andrew Takes Family Down -
Why Prince Harry, Meghan 'immensely' Feel 'relieved' Amid Andrew's Arrest? -
Jennifer Aniston’s Boyfriend Jim Curtis Hints At Tensions At Home, Reveals Rules To Survive Fights -
Shamed Andrew ‘dismissive’ Act Towards Royal Butler Exposed