Can't connect right now! retry

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!
February 5, 2015

Killer ends life after shooting mother, two daughters in Lahore


February 5, 2015

LAHORE: A man shot dead three women and later committed suicide while sitting in a car over some unknown issue near the Qadaffi Stadium in the Gulberg police limits on Wednesday evening.
Three persons, including the killer, died on the spot while a woman said to be the mother of two other victim women succumbed to bullet injuries at the Services Hospital. Police have collected evidence from the crime scene and removed the bodies to the morgue for autopsy. The motive behind the killing could not be known.
The victim women have been identified as Fareeda, 55, the wife of Muhammad Younas, and her two daughters named Mayeda, 27, and Maira, 25, residents of 17-A1, Junaid Park, Baghbanpura. Younas is a senior inspector in the Income Tax Department. The accused killer has been identified as Bashir, a resident of Sultanpura, Misri Shah, who was said to be the class fellow of Younas, the head of the family. One of the two sisters was driving the car while the other was sitting on the front seat. Their mother and Bashir were sitting on the back seats of the car.
Mayeda was a student of a private college while Maira was a student of Apwa College. On the day of incident, they were on their way on a grey-colour Cultus car (LEC-7159). As they reached Qadaffi Stadium, they parked the car alongside the road leading towards residential area. The circumstantial evidences and crime scene implied that the persons aboard the car had first exchanged harsh words over some unknown issue following which Bashir whipped out his pistol and opened indiscriminate firing.
As a result, a woman, who was driving the car and the other sitting beside him died on the spot while their mother sitting on the back seat got critically injured. The car windows were shattered due to firing.
After ‘confirming’ the deaths of three women, Bashir committed suicide by opening fire on his temple. People present around Qadaffi Stadium heard bullet shots and informed Edhi Foundation. The

ambulances of Edhi reached the crime scene within no time and rushed the injured woman to the Services Hospital, where she died after some time.
SP CIA, Umar Virk, Gulberg SHO Zulfiqar Butt, in charge Investigation, Saqlain Gondal also reached the crime scene along with heavy contingent of police. They cordoned off the area and started collecting evidences. Forensic experts also reached the scene and collected swabs and fingerprints.
Umar Virk said they have recovered a pistol from the hand of Bashir. He added that the crime scene implied that Bashir had first killed three women while sitting in the car and later committed suicide. He also confirmed the deaths of four persons. To a question, he said initially it was learnt that one of the victims had sent an SMS to her brother stating that Bashir had opened firing on them.
He also said Bashir was a family friend of the victims. The car was owned by Muhammad Jawad Bhatti, son of Muhammad Younas. SP CIA further said it was too early to say anything about the motive behind the killing. However, police have started investigating the crime. The forensic evidence would further help ascertaining the killer, he maintained.
Meanwhile, the head of the family also reached the crime scene and identified his wife and daughters. He was in a shock and could not talk to reporters. Later, the bodies were removed to the morgue for autopsy.

Topstory minus plus

Opinion minus plus

Newspost minus plus

Editorial minus plus

National minus plus

World minus plus

Sports minus plus

Business minus plus

Karachi minus plus

Lahore minus plus

Islamabad minus plus

Peshawar minus plus