Former finalist Kyrgios out of Wimbledon with injury
SYDNEY: The 2022 Wimbledon finalist Nick Kyrgios said Tuesday that he will miss this year´s tournament and the grass-court season after “a small setback” on his latest injury return.
The 30-year-old Australian has played very little tennis over the last two years because of various injuries, notably a wrist problem that required surgery. In March at the Miami Open he won his first singles match since 2022 but he pulled out of the ongoing French Open, where he had been down to play men´s doubles, with a knee injury. “I´ve hit a small setback in my recovery and unfortunately won´t make it back for grass season this year,” he wrote on Instagram.
“I know how much you´ve all been looking forward to seeing me out there and I´m genuinely sorry to disappoint.”
Kyrgios, whose undoubted talent has often been overshadowed by his fragile temperament, added: “This is just a bump in the road though and I´m already working hard to get back stronger than ever.” Kyrgios reached the final at Wimbledon three years ago before going down in four sets to Novak Djokovic. The third Grand Slam of the year starts on June 30.
-
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’ -
ICE Agents 'fake Car Trouble' To Arrest Minnesota Man, Family Says -
Camila Mendes Reveals How She Prepared For Her Role In 'Idiotka' -
China Confirms Visa-free Travel For UK, Canada Nationals -
Inside Sarah Ferguson, Andrew Windsor's Emotional Collapse After Epstein Fallout -
Bad Bunny's Star Power Explodes Tourism Searches For His Hometown -
Jennifer Aniston Gives Peek Into Love Life With Cryptic Snap Of Jim Curtis -
Prince Harry Turns Diana Into Content: ‘It Would Have Appalled Her To Be Repackaged For Profit’ -
Prince William's Love For His Three Children Revealed During Family Crisis -
Murder Suspect Kills Himself After Woman Found Dead In Missouri -
Sarah Ferguson's Plea To Jeffrey Epstein Exposed In New Files -
Prince William Prepares For War Against Prince Harry: Nothing Is Off The Table Not Legal Ways Or His Influence -
'How To Get Away With Murder' Star Karla Souza Is Still Friends With THIS Costar -
Pal Reveals Prince William’s ‘disorienting’ Turmoil Over Kate’s Cancer: ‘You Saw In His Eyes & The Way He Held Himself’