KE also carrying out power cuts in areas previously declared loadshedding-free, says JI leader
The people of Karachi are done with the K-Electric (KE) because of its anti-Karachi policies, corrupt practices, exorbitant tariff and never-ending power cuts in several areas. This was said by Karachi Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) Emir Monem Zafar on Thursday as he addressed a protest sit-in outside the KE's Malir office.
He said that on the one hand, the KE had been carrying out loadshedding of 12 to 14 hours in several areas, and on the other hand, it had started interrupting power supply to the areas that had once been declared loadshedding free.
He said the prevailing situation showed the power utility’s incompetency. The JI leader said the government and National Electric Power Regularity Authority (Nepra) had been facilitating the KE in all its wrongdoings. All the ruling parties had kept a mum over the situation, he added.
Zafar said people across Karachi in general, and Malir and its adjoining areas in particular, had been holding protests but the KE and government were both unresponsive. He warned that the prevalent situation could result in unwanted incidents, and the KE and government would be responsible for that.
He made it clear that the JI had been a peaceful party since day one that believed in peaceful struggle. The power utility had been making false claims about bringing the loadshedding to an end, he said, adding that it had also assured that loadshedding would not be carried out in the night hours but that assurance also turned out to be wrong.
The JI leader said the people affected by loadshedding, particularly students, were experiencing agony and depression due to the unlimited greed of the KE. The protesters carried placards and banners, and chanted slogans against the KE.
-
Meghan Markle, Kris Jenner Friendship Back On Track: Duchess Is 'thrilled' -
OpenAI Rolls Out ChatGPT Finance Tools With Account Linking -
America’s Largest Commuter Railroad Suffers Major Strike: What Passengers Need To Know -
Stephon Castle Leaves His Mark On NBA History Books As Spurs Reach West Finals -
U.S. President Donald Trump Reveals What Happened To Abu-Bilal Al-Minuki -
King Charles Issued Stark Warning Over 'serious Mistake', Prince William Likely To Follow Father's Footsteps -
Why Trump Wants Chipmakers To Move Manufacturing Back To US After Xi Summit -
Chase Infiniti And Tyriq Withers Are Dating: Reports -
YouTube, Snap, And TikTok Settle Major School Social Media Addiction Claims: Here’s What It Means -
Spurs Crush Timberwolves To Reach West Finals As De’Aaron Fox Blueprint Shines -
John Krasinski, Emily Blunt Breaking Stereotypes By Prioritizing Kids Over Acting Careers -
Minnesota Timberwolves Suffer Total Collapse Against San Antonio Spurs -
Kiefer Sutherland Makes 'devastating' Announcement About 'Love Will Bring You Home' Tour -
Matthew McConaughey's Secret Exile Into The Wild: Here's Why He Did It -
Jamie Foxx Parted Ways With Partner Alyce Huckstepp Due To One 'difficult' Reason? -
Palace Buzzing As Princess Kate Prepares For Second Overseas Visit After Italy