Petitioners told to approach anti-encroachment tribunal for restoring Khajji Ground
The Sindh High Court (SHC) on Friday directed a petitioner to approach the anti-encroachment tribunal for the removal of encroachments and garbage from the Khaji Ground in the Gulbahar area.
The petitioners had submitted in the petition that the Khajji Ground was developed by the local administration in the late 1990s after the city witnessed a worst law and order situation.
They submitted that the ground was a well-known football and cricket ground and park for the locals but the same had now been misused for dumping of garbage. They submitted that two schools were next to the ground and dumping of garbage had created an unhealthy atmosphere for the students who were constantly troubled by odour caused by the garbage.
A counsel for the North Nazimabad Town Municipal Corporation submitted that garbage had been removed from the ground and development works carried out with the collaboration of the World Bank for the restoration of the amenity land. He said the issue of shortage of funds was resolved through the court orders and assured that the restoration of the park process shall be completed soon.
The counsel said the TMC had no power to remove a police station from the premises of the playground. The high court after hearing the arguments of the counsel disposed of the petition with a direction to the petitioner to approach the anti encroachment tribunal for the removal of encroachments from the amenity land of the Khajji Ground.
Sound system law
The SHC dismissed a petition seeking initiation of action against officials of the police, Defence Housing Authority (DHA) and Cantonment Board Clifton (CBC) over their inaction to enforce the sound system law.
The petitioner, Samira Mohammadi, said the provincial police chief, the DHA administrator and the CBC had failed to implement the Sindh Sound System (Regulation) Act, 2015. She said the law had been violated by private persons residing in the vicinity of her residence in DHA Phase-I, adding that despite the transgression being brought to the notice of the respondents, no action was taken.
A division bench of the high court headed by Justice Agha Faisal observed that the sections 5, 6, 7 and 8 of the Sindh Sound System (Regulation) Act 2015 provided a mechanism in instances of infringement.
The high court observed that the petitioner remained at liberty to seek appropriate remedy and no case was made out for a direct recourse to writ jurisdiction. The SHC observed that the petition had been found to be misconceived and dismissed the same.
-
Jerome Tang Calls Out Team After Embarrassing Home Defeat -
Cynthia Erivo Addresses Bizarre Rumour About Her Relationship With Ariana Grande -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Spotted Cosying Up At NBA All-Star Game -
Lady Gaga Explains How Fibromyalgia Lets Her 'connect With People Who Have It' -
Metro Detroit Weather Forecast: Is The Polar Vortex Coming Back? -
Daniel Radcliffe Reveals Surprising Way Fatherhood Changed Him -
‘Disgraced’ Andrew At Risk Of Breaking Point As Epstein Scandal Continues -
Alan Cumming Shares Plans With 2026 Bafta Film Awards -
OpenClaw Founder Peter Steinberger Hired By OpenAI As AI Agent Race Heats Up -
Kate Middleton's Reaction To Harry Stepping Back From Royal Duties Laid Bare -
Rose Byrne Continues Winning Streak After Golden Globe Awards Victory -
Ice Hockey Olympics Update: Canada Stays Unbeaten With Dominant Win Over France -
Brooklyn Beckham Makes This Promise To Nicola Peltz Amid Family Feud -
Chinese New Year Explained: All You Need To Know About The Year Of The Horse -
Canadian Passport Holders Can Now Travel To China Visa-free: Here's How -
Maya Hawke Marries Christian Lee Hutson In New York Ceremony