Several injured as police tear gas, baton-charge protesters in Quetta
Several people including women were injured in police action and several leaders of Baloch Yekjehti Committee and Voice for Baloch Missing Persons were arrested amid a protest
QUETTA: Police conducted tear-gas shelling and baton-charge on participants in the Baloch Yekjehti Committee march in Sariab Road area here and injured several people including women.
The police intervened as participants marched to demand the recovery of missing student Zaheer Ahmed Baloch.
The protesters were calling for his immediate return.
Several people including women were injured in the police action and several leaders of the Baloch Yekjehti Committee and the Voice for Baloch Missing Persons were arrested amid protest.
Police also closed all roads leading to the red zone area of Quetta and tightened security around important government buildings.
News Desk adds: Balochistan Home Minister Mir Zia Langov, addressing a press conference in Quetta, said on Thursday that Sariab Road had been blocked for some days by protesters.
He said Zaheer Zeb was a brother of a BLA [Balochistan Liberation Army] commander Bashir Zeb, who was inciting the youth to rebel.
He said the BLA and the TTP had joined hands in Afghanistan, who were bent upon destroying law and order in Pakistan.
The provincial minister said the people of Sariab Road were fed up with the long protest, and protesters also tortured the policemen. He said those supporting the protest were not well-wishers of Pakistan.
-
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child -
Leading Astrophysicist Shot Dead At Southern California Home -
Johnny Depp's Kind Gesture Towards Late 'Grey's Anatomy' Actor Eric Dane Before Death Laid Bare -
How Princess Eugenie, Beatrice React To Andrew Arrest? -
Kylie Jenner 'convinced' Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'crushing' On Timothee Chalamet: 'It's Disrespectful'