MQM-P’s poll campaign being sabotaged, alleges Sattar
Sattar said armed miscreants had gunned down six workers of the MQM-P in the last three months
Senior Deputy Convener Muttahida Qaumi Movement- Pakistan Dr Farooq Sattar has said that a conspiracy has been set into motion to sabotage his party’s peaceful poll campaign in the city.
Speaking at a press conference here on Tuesday, he lamented that activists belonging to the MQM-Pakistan were being targeted by miscreants, who barged into the poll offices of the party in the city.
Sattar said armed miscreants had gunned down six workers of the MQM-P in the last three months. He also told media persons that his party had remained fully calm in response to the violence being unleashed upon its workers.
He said the peaceful election campaign of the MQM-P had upset its opponents. He made it clear that the MQM-P wouldn’t let the sacrifice of its workers in the city go in vain.
Sattar appealed to the Sindh governor to ensure immediate arrest of the killers of the MQM workers. He lamented that up to 200,000 Karachi-based candidates had been unduly failed in the recently conducted board examinations to ruin their future.
He said the MQM-Pakistan would continue struggling to ensure justice for the Karachi-based candidates who had unjustly been failed in the exams.
He appealed to the relevant authorities to do justice for hard-working students who had prepared for the recent board exams amid a severe energy crisis.
He informed media persons that several candidates who had been contesting the upcoming general polls independently from Surjani Town had announced their support for the MQM-P and its poll campaign. He greeted the independent candidates who had joined hands with his party to support its election campaign.
Governor for action
Separately, Sindh Governor Kamran Khan Tessori said no one would be allowed to take the law into his hands as all citizens are equal as per the constitution and anyone involved in any criminal act would be dealt with stringently.
He stated this while talking to a delegation of the MQM-P led by its convener Dr Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui.
Other members of the delegation were MQM’s senior leaders Syed Mustafa Kamal, Dr Farooq Sattar and Anis Ahmed Qaimkhani.
The governor said that the recent violent incident in Nazimabad (resulting in the killing of an MQM worker) would be investigated thoroughly.
He said the Sindh inspector general of police had been directed to ensure the arrest of the culprits.
-
Maxwell Seeks To Block Further Release Of Epstein Files, Calls Law ‘unconstitutional’ -
Prince William Issues 'ultimatum' To Queen Camilla As Monarchy Is In 'delicate Phase' -
Winter Olympics 2026: Remembering The Most Unforgettable, Heartwarming Stories -
King Charles Hands All Of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s Records And Files To Police: Report -
Eric Dane's Family Shares Heartbreaking Statement After His Death -
Samsung Brings Perplexity AI To Galaxy S26 With ‘Hey Plex’ Voice Command -
Fergie’s Spent £13,000 A Day Since Andrew’s Troubles Started: Here’s Where She Fled -
Eric Dane's Death Becomes Symbol Of ALS Awareness -
Michael B. Jordan Gives Credit To 'All My Children' For Shaping His Career: 'That Was My Education' -
Sun Appears Spotless For First Time In Four Years, Scientists Report -
Bella Hadid Opens Up About 'invisible Illness' -
Lawyer Of Epstein Victims Speaks Out Directly To King Charles, Prince William, Kate Middleton -
Microsoft CEO Shares How Gates Doubted $1bn OpenAI Investment -
Milo Ventimiglia Calls Fatherhood 'pretty Wild Experience' As He Expects Second Baby With Wife Jarah Mariano -
Chinese Scientists Unveil Advanced AI Model To Support Deep-space Exploration -
Anthropic’s New AI Tool Wipes Billions Off Cybersecurity Stocks