Sheikh Rashid gets interim bail
RAWALPINDI: The Anti-Terrorism Court on Monday approved interim bail of former interior minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed in a case concerning May 9.
The court granted the interim bail against surety bonds worth Rs50,000. The ATC directed the Waris Khan police not to arrest Rashid for at least one week. During the proceedings, the judge commented on Rashid’s health, noting a significant weight loss.
Rashid told the court that he lost 31kg during a 40-day Tableeghi mission. He was allegedly picked up from a private housing society in Islamabad on September 17, with his family and lawyer claiming an unlawful arrest. His whereabouts remained undisclosed, and the police denied any involvement in his reported arrest. He reappeared over a month later, maintaining that he had been on a 40-day preaching mission (Tableeghi Chilla) where he faced no harm.
-
Daniel Radcliffe Admits To Being Self Conscious While Filming 'Harry Potter' In Late Teens -
Director Beth De Araujo Alludes To Andrew's Arrest During Child Trauma Talk -
Video Of Andrew 'consoling' Eugenie Resurfaces After Release From Police Custody -
'Harry Potter' Alum Daniel Radcliffe Gushes About Unique Work Ethic Of Late Co Star Michael Gambon -
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child