Labourers demand release of funds to WWB
NOWSHERA: The Muttahida Labour Federation on Friday asked the federal government to release funds to Workers Welfare Board (WWB) or else they would stage a sit-in outside the Parliament in Islamabad.Speaking at a function in Labour Colony here, provincial president of the body Muhammad Iqbal said the federal government had
By our correspondents
October 17, 2015
NOWSHERA: The Muttahida Labour Federation on Friday asked the federal government to release funds to Workers Welfare Board (WWB) or else they would stage a sit-in outside the Parliament in Islamabad.
Speaking at a function in Labour Colony here, provincial president of the body Muhammad Iqbal said the federal government had not released funds to the WWB for two years.He said the institution lacked funds to pay the salaries to labourers and teachers of Working Folks Grammar Schools.
He said the schools for the children of labourers had been closed down. “The children of the working-class were not provided uniform and books due to which they cannot continue studies,” he said.
Muhammad Iqbal said the WWB had not even paid the death grant and dowry grant for the children of labourers for the last two years. He said the labourers and their families were finding it hard to make ends meet due to non-payment of salaries.He expressed disappointment at the alleged spending of funds of Worker Welfare Funds on other things and termed it injustice.
Speaking at a function in Labour Colony here, provincial president of the body Muhammad Iqbal said the federal government had not released funds to the WWB for two years.He said the institution lacked funds to pay the salaries to labourers and teachers of Working Folks Grammar Schools.
He said the schools for the children of labourers had been closed down. “The children of the working-class were not provided uniform and books due to which they cannot continue studies,” he said.
Muhammad Iqbal said the WWB had not even paid the death grant and dowry grant for the children of labourers for the last two years. He said the labourers and their families were finding it hard to make ends meet due to non-payment of salaries.He expressed disappointment at the alleged spending of funds of Worker Welfare Funds on other things and termed it injustice.
-
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child -
Leading Astrophysicist Shot Dead At Southern California Home -
Johnny Depp's Kind Gesture Towards Late 'Grey's Anatomy' Actor Eric Dane Before Death Laid Bare -
How Princess Eugenie, Beatrice React To Andrew Arrest? -
Kylie Jenner 'convinced' Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'crushing' On Timothee Chalamet: 'It's Disrespectful'