Chaudhry Sugar Mills case: NAB summons Maryam, Hassan, Hussain on 31st
LAHORE: The NAB Wednesday issued call-up notices to PML-N Vice President Maryam Nawaz and her brothers Hassan and Hussain in an investigation relating to assets beyond means and alleged money-laundering for acquiring Chaudhry Sugar Mills.
The NAB has directed Maryam and her brothers to appear in person before the Combined Investigation Team of the NAB Lahore on July 31st, at 11 am. The NAB sources while talking to this correspondent said initial findings have revealed that Maryam Nawaz is a major shareholder of Chaudhry Sugar Mills. They said Maryam has been summoned in person as she is the primary shareholder of the mill. As per call-up notice, Maryam has been directed to provide details of shares in Chaudhry Sugar Mills and the number of total shareholders. She has been further asked to provide the amount of sugar exported so far and the mode of receiving payments and the details of bank accounts through which payments were received.
Earlier, the NAB had questioned Yousaf Abbas, a cousin of Maryam, in this investigation. Yousaf was asked about details of investments and loans payable by the Shamim Sugar Mills. Besides, details of transactions through TT and loans from different companies. They said shareholders of Chaudhry Sugar Mills are unable to give money trail for purchase of the mills. Most of the money for purchase is coming through TTs but the owners are unable to tell that who is sending the money, NAB sources claim. It has also been learnt that Abdul Rehman another cousin of Maryam has also been summoned in this investigation. It is pertinent to mention that Hassan and Hussain sons of Nawaz Sharif were declared absconders in Avenfield case and both are living in London. Maryam was convicted in Avenfield case. Moreover, Salman Shahbaz is also an absconder in Ramzan Sugar Mills case and is living with his cousins in London.
-
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child -
Leading Astrophysicist Shot Dead At Southern California Home -
Johnny Depp's Kind Gesture Towards Late 'Grey's Anatomy' Actor Eric Dane Before Death Laid Bare -
How Princess Eugenie, Beatrice React To Andrew Arrest? -
Kylie Jenner 'convinced' Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'crushing' On Timothee Chalamet: 'It's Disrespectful'