Reham visits JPMC to meet heatstroke patients but finds none
Karachi Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan’s wife Reham Khan visited the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre on Saturday to meet the patients who had suffered a heatstroke during the recent hot weather in the Karachi. However, JPMC sources said she was unable to meet any heatstroke patient as all of them
By our correspondents
July 05, 2015
Karachi
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan’s wife Reham Khan visited the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre on Saturday to meet the patients who had suffered a heatstroke during the recent hot weather in the Karachi.
However, JPMC sources said she was unable to meet any heatstroke patient as all of them had been discharged from the hospital.
They added that no new heatstroke patient had been admitted to the hospital after the heatwave subsided in the city.
Reham visited some patients in the surgical ward and appreciated the hospital staff’s performance.
The JPMC staff told Reham that the hospital’s emergency ward had the capacity to accommodate 100 patients and recently, over 10,000 heatstroke patients had been treated there.
Reham said nobody was willing to accept the responsibility for the heatstroke deaths, which were caused by the negligence and insensitivity of the ruler.
She said the authorities would only understand the sufferings of the masses if they left air-conditioned rooms.
Over 65,000 people suffered a heatstroke during the two-week heatwave that started from June 19.
Provincial government sources said around 1,300 people had died of heat-related complications during that period.
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan’s wife Reham Khan visited the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre on Saturday to meet the patients who had suffered a heatstroke during the recent hot weather in the Karachi.
However, JPMC sources said she was unable to meet any heatstroke patient as all of them had been discharged from the hospital.
They added that no new heatstroke patient had been admitted to the hospital after the heatwave subsided in the city.
Reham visited some patients in the surgical ward and appreciated the hospital staff’s performance.
The JPMC staff told Reham that the hospital’s emergency ward had the capacity to accommodate 100 patients and recently, over 10,000 heatstroke patients had been treated there.
Reham said nobody was willing to accept the responsibility for the heatstroke deaths, which were caused by the negligence and insensitivity of the ruler.
She said the authorities would only understand the sufferings of the masses if they left air-conditioned rooms.
Over 65,000 people suffered a heatstroke during the two-week heatwave that started from June 19.
Provincial government sources said around 1,300 people had died of heat-related complications during that period.
-
Emily Ratajkowski Appears To Confirm Romance With Dua Lipa's Ex Romain Gavras -
Leighton Meester Breaks Silence On Viral Ariana Grande Interaction On Critics Choice Awards -
Heavy Snowfall Disrupts Operations At Germany's Largest Airport -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Released Hours After Police Arrest -
Heidi Klum Eyes Spooky Season Anthem With Diplo After Being Dubbed 'Queen Of Halloween' -
King Charles Is In ‘unchartered Waters’ As Andrew Takes Family Down -
Why Prince Harry, Meghan 'immensely' Feel 'relieved' Amid Andrew's Arrest? -
Jennifer Aniston’s Boyfriend Jim Curtis Hints At Tensions At Home, Reveals Rules To Survive Fights -
Shamed Andrew ‘dismissive’ Act Towards Royal Butler Exposed -
Hailey Bieber Shares How She Protects Her Mental Health While Facing Endless Criticism -
Amanda Seyfried Shares Hilarious Reaction To Discovering Second Job On 'Housemaid': 'Didn’t Sign Up For That' -
Queen Elizabeth II Saw ‘qualities Of Future Queen’ In Kate Middleton -
Hilary Duff Reveals Deep Fear About Matthew Koma Marriage -
Will Sarah Ferguson End Up In Police Questioning After Andrew’s Arrest? Barrister Answers -
Matthew McConaughey Gets Candid About AI Threat To Actors: 'Be Prepared' -
Hailey Bieber Shares How 16-month-old Son Jack Blues Is Already Following In Justin Bieber's Footsteps