NAB takes precautionary measures to curb Covid-19
ISLAMABAD: The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Tuesday devised strategy to ensure the attendance of NAB prosecutors in different NAB cases in respected accountability courts, respected high courts and Supreme Court of Pakistan during lockdown in various cities so that no case of NAB could be dismissed due to non-prosecution or non-appearance of NAB prosecutors.
A high level meeting of NAB presided over by Chairman Justice (R) Javed Iqbal was held here at NAB Headquarters on Tuesday. The meeting was attended by deputy chairman, NAB, prosecutor general accountability, director general, operations, DG headquarters, DG Human Resource Development, senior officers of the Bureau while director generals of all regional bureaus attended the meeting via video link.
The participants of the meeting maintained three to four feet space among themselves. The meeting was told that the entry of visitors had already been banned at NAB Headquarters and all Regional offices on the direction of NAB chairman.
The meeting decided to observe working hours of NAB offices from 9 am to 2 pm. The relevant DGs will reduce their staff by fifty percent in their respective offices and staff of over fifty years age enduring different diseases will be required in office in only urgent basis. Class four staff's attendance will be reduced by fifty percent. Special checking of staff and others will be ensured at entry gate through thermal guns. Special screening of the officers, staff members who had visited abroad in February and March 2020 would be conducted.
The meeting decided to close official transport of NAB besides exempting the staff from biometric attendance till April 5, 2020. The meeting decided to ensure frequent hand washing, use of sanitizer, gloves and masks. Women staff members were allowed to work from their homes till April 5.
In lockdown areas relevant DGs will remain present at their respective stations. The screening of accused in NAB custody will be ensured from qualified doctors besides providing them masks, gloves, sanitizer and other necessary equipment to protect them from deadly Covid-19.
The meeting suspended all meetings of NAB including open ketcheries, executive board meeting and other routine meetings till April 5. Relevant DGs will call their staff in only urgent nature of consultations. The meeting chaired by NAB chairman expressed its firm resolve that nobody will scare but to fight Covid-19. Only precautionary measures can save and protect from the deadly virus. The officers/officials should inform their relevant DGs if symptoms of corona appear so that immediate remedial measures could be taken on time.
-
Eric Dane Says Touching Goodbye To Daughters Billie And Georgia In New Netflix Documentary -
Channing Tatum Reveals What He Told Daughter After Violent Incident At School -
King Charles Lands In The Line Of Fire Because Of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor -
Denise Richards Doubles Down On Abuse Claims Against Ex Husband Aaron Phypers Amid Show Return -
Russia Set To Block Overseas Crypto Exchanges In Sweeping Crackdown -
Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals Deep Personal Connection With Kate Hudson -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s Game Plan For Beatrice, Eugenie: ‘Extra Popcorn For This Disaster’ -
OpenAI To Rollout AI Powered Smart Speakers By 2027 -
Is Dakota Johnsons Dating Younger Pop Star After Breakup With Coldplay Frontman Chris Martin? -
Hilary Duff Tears Up Talking About Estranged Sister Haylie Duff -
US Supreme Court Strikes Down Trump’s Global Tariffs As 'unlawful' -
Kelly Clarkson Explains Decision To Quit 'The Kelly Clarkson Show' -
Inside Hilary Duff's Supportive Marriage With Husband Matthew Koma Amid New Album Release -
Daniel Radcliffe Admits To Being Self Conscious While Filming 'Harry Potter' In Late Teens -
Director Beth De Araujo Alludes To Andrew's Arrest During Child Trauma Talk -
Video Of Andrew 'consoling' Eugenie Resurfaces After Release From Police Custody