Coronavirus measures: Groom booked for arranging Walima ceremony
MULTAN: The city district administration has launched a crackdown on wedding ceremonies and marriage halls, violating coronavirus advisory and registered an FIR against a groom on Monday, officials said.
The groom was standing outside a marriage hall to welcome guests coming to attend his Walima when Sital Mari police removed all tents. Deputy Commissioner Amir Khattak ordered a crackdown against the marriage hall after imposing section 144 to avoid mix gathering favoring ample environment to promote chances of coronavirus spread, officials said. The city district administration officials and heavy continents of Sital Marri police led by additional deputy commissioner revenue and corona focal person Muhammad Tayyab Khan reached at Nasir Public School where a Walima ceremony was in progress. The officials removed tents to avoid public gathering in connection with coronavirus spread. The Sital Marri police registered an FIR against school principal Bilal Dogar and groom Rana Yasir. The corona focal person appealed to citizens to avoid participating ceremonies at public places. The corona virus can be defeated through adopting meaningful measures and masses should adopt protective measures instead of terrifying, he added.
The city district administration has set up a control room at the deputy commissioner office that would continue to work round the clock, he told.
Meanwhile, speaking at a meeting, Commissioner Shanul Haq said that an organised network of surveillance and training of doctors and paramedical staff had been completed. The section 144 had been imposed for three weeks, restricting marriage halls, educational institutions, universities, tuition centers and religious seminaries to operate, he told.
All types of gatherings have been strictly restricted for the next three weeks, he said. The divisional administration has ordered a crackdown on stockists creating black marketing of hand sanitisers and surgical masks, he said. Commissioner Shanul Haq said that 120 beds and six high dependency units had been allocated in Multan, Vehari, Khanewal and Lodhran districts for coronavirus careers. The commissioner appealed to the citizens to avoid accepting negative information about the virus. The divisional administration had been fully engaged in protecting the lives of citizens and isolation wards had been established at selected health centres in the division, he said.
-
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child -
Leading Astrophysicist Shot Dead At Southern California Home -
Johnny Depp's Kind Gesture Towards Late 'Grey's Anatomy' Actor Eric Dane Before Death Laid Bare -
How Princess Eugenie, Beatrice React To Andrew Arrest? -
Kylie Jenner 'convinced' Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'crushing' On Timothee Chalamet: 'It's Disrespectful'