PHF seeks govt permission to resume hockey activities
LAHORE: The Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) has sought permission of the government to resume training and domestic tournaments.
In a letter written to Ministry of Inter Provincial Coordination (IPC), the PHF has asked for an advice on resuming hockey activities in the country.
PHF secretary Asif Bajwa last month had announced to hold hockey league by the end of ongoing month and the first round of national championship in September-October.
"Yes, we had announced to hold these events, but we can't organise these in present circumstances. The month of Moharram has also started and it is not appropriate to hold any events right now," Bajwa told reporters on Tuesday.
"We can only resume activities if the government allows us to. We've written a letter to secretary IPC to seek guidance and will only be able to hold these events after getting green light," he added.
He said the federation gives utmost priority to players' safety and there would be no compromise.
-
Charli XCX Reveals ‘confusing’ Toll ‘Brat’ Popularity Took On Her -
Android Phones At Risk: PromptSpy Malware Exploits AI -
Barry Manilow Gives Insight Into 'very Depressing' Doctor Visit As He Postpones 2026 Arena Tour Due To Cancer -
Margot Robbie Opens Up About Imposter Syndrome ‘crisis’ -
'Desperate' Sarah Ferguson Won't Go Down Without A Fight -
Prince William, Kate Face Major Challenge To Repair Monarchy Reputation After Andrew Arrest -
Hidden ‘dark Galaxy' Traced By Ancient Star Clusters Could Rewrite The Cosmic Galaxy Count -
Eric Dane 'really Wanted To Talk About His Daughters' In His Final Netflix Interview Before Death -
AI Superintelligence Race: Meta And Microsoft Back Rival Visions—Who Will Win? -
Chatbots Push Users Into ‘delusional Spirals,’ Experts Warn -
Economist Slams AI Doom Predictions, ‘replacing Humans Is Not Innovation’ -
KATSEYE's Manon Bannerman Takes Break From Group For Personal Reasons -
Prince Harry's Reaction On 'disgraced' Uncle Andrew Arrest Revealed -
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out