close
Advertisement
Can't connect right now! retry

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!
April 7, 2020

Director finance SALU served explanation over delaying salaries, pensions

National

April 7, 2020

SUKKUR: Registrar of the Shah Abdul Latif University (SALU) Khairpur served an explanation letter to the director finance of the university, for not releasing the salaries of faculties and employees in time despite the HEC has deposited two installments for disbursement of salaries and pensions.

The News the learnt that an explanation letter was served to the director finance Nazeer Ahmed Noonari from the registrar of the university on the behalf of vice-chancellor, asking him the reason for not providing the salaries and pensions of employees though the Higher Education Commission had deposited two installments during the previous month. The letter addressed the director finance asking him the reasons of not disbursing the salaries and pensions of the employees without the consent of the authority. Meanwhile, Shah Abdul Latif University Teachers’ Association (SALUTA) and employees protested against the vice-chancellor for not releasing their salaries and pensioners despite the lockdown amid COVID-19. On Monday, the university administration paid 60 percent salaries and the pensioners, while the SALUTA, and Employees Welfare Association were asking the university administration to release remaining 40 per cent of salaries otherwise they would go on strike again.