Private operators challenge Haj policy in IHC
ISLAMABAD: The Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Wednesday issued notice to Secretary Ministry of Religious Affairs and ordered to submit his reply within 10 days on plea of private haj operators challenging Haj Policy 2019.
IHC Chief Justice Athar Minhallah on Wednesday resumed the hearing into petition of the private Haj operators who challenged Haj policy 2019 and quota reserved for them.
During hearing, IHC chief justice remarked that there is no solution if Saudi government reduces the Haj quota. “Petition is based on assumptions,” he added.
Justice Athar said that division bench of Islamabad High Court had already given its verdict on allotment of quota. He further remarked who had experience were the first stakeholders of reserved quota.
To this, Advocate Abdul Khalique argued that quota should be given to experience Haj operators but there should be no limit on them. He told that court that Haj quota is now limited to Haj operators who have been working till 2018. Petition states that Haj policy 2019 is in contradiction with the Supreme Court’s orders, while transparency was not ensured in awarding quota to private operators.
The petitioners have requested the court to pass orders to form new Haj policy by striking down the recent policy issued by the federal government. The first Haj policy was approved on January 30 by the federal cabinet. Issuing notices to secretary Ministry of Religious Affairs and section officer to submit their reply within 10 days, the court adjourned the hearing. It is to mention here that Lahore High Court (LHC) had rejected the same petition challenging Haj policy 2019 on February 14 and declared it non-maintainable.
As per new Haj policy this year around 200,000 Pakistanis would perform Haj in which 60 percent would be under the government scheme and 40 percent would be under private Haj operators.
-
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor In A Fix Over New Disturbing TMZ Photos -
Eric Dane Opened Up About Releasing His Memoir Just Two Months Before His Death Due To ALS Complications -
Zendaya, Tom Holland Already Married? Actress Shows Off New Ring -
King Charles Holds Emergency Meeting After Andrew Arrest: 'Abdication Is Not Happening' -
Amazon Can Be Sued Over Sodium Nitrite Suicide Cases, US Court Rules -
'Vikings' Star Mourns Eric Dane's Death -
Patrick Dempsey Reveals Eric Dane's Condition In Final Days Before Death -
'Heartbroken' Nina Dobrev Mourns Death Of Eric Dane: 'He'll Be Deeply Missed' -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s Arrest: What Happened When A Royal Was Last Tried? -
Alyssa Milano Expresses Grief Over Death Of 'Charmed' Co-star Eric Dane -
Prince William, Kate Middleton Camp Reacts To Meghan's Friend Remarks On Harry 'secret Olive Branch' -
Daniel Radcliffe Opens Up About 'The Wizard Of Oz' Offer -
Channing Tatum Reacts To UK's Action Against Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor -
Brooke Candy Announces Divorce From Kyle England After Seven Years Of Marriage -
Piers Morgan Makes Meaningful Plea To King Charles After Andrew Arrest -
Sir Elton John Details Struggle With Loss Of Vision: 'I Can't See'