CJP has ordered postponing police operation for three months, says governor
Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Mian Saqib Nisar has issued directives to postpone police action regarding evacuation of Pakistan Quarters for three months, said Sindh Governor Imran Ismail.
“I talked to the Chief Justice and after listening to quite a few of my submissions, he stated that he was very much anxious about human lives. He also said that in no manner he wanted the issue to be tackled in a violent way,” Ismail said while talking to media personnel at Governor House on Wednesday afternoon.
The governor said he requested the CJP to issue directives to postpone the police action for some time so that the federal government and relevant agencies may arrive at a solution to the issue in the meantime. Ismail claimed that Justice Nisar approved his request. The governor expressed his gratitude to the CJP for taking cognisance of the matter and ordering postponement of the action for three months.
Ismail was of the view that as a possible solution to the issue, an alternative place could be provided to the residents of Pakistan Quarters to resettle. He maintained that during the three-month period, he was ready to play his due role to find a middle ground to resolve the problem. The solution so arrived at has to be acceptable to all the stakeholders, including the court, government, and Pakistan Quarters residents, he said.
To a query, the governor replied that earlier in the day he had also talked to the president, prime minister, and leaders of Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan, including Dr Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui and Amir Khan, to discuss the issue. If was after discussing the matter with the PM, he approached the CJP, he said.
When asked whether the police action was deferred for only Pakistan Quarters or operation was postponed for other federal employees’ housing colonies in the city as well such as Martin Quarters and Clayton Quarters, the governor replied that he had only discussed Pakistan Quarters with the CJP and only a formal order from the Supreme Court in this regard would interpret well whether the postponement directives were meant for other colonies or not.
Ismail also claimed that authorities of law enforcement agencies (LEAs) were concerned about how the situation evolved after the operation against residents of Pakistan Quarters started. The law enforcers also wanted the federal government to intervene and help resolve the issue amicably, he said.
-
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years