PHC sets aside leader’s expulsion from North Waziristan
PESHAWAR: The Peshawar High Court (PHC) on Thursday set aside the order of the administration on the expulsion of a rights movement leader from North Waziristan.
A division bench comprising Justice Waqar Ahmad Seth and Justice Musarrat Hilali set aside the order of the administration with the observation that there was nothing on the record that showed he had delivered anti-state speeches.
During the hearing, Additional Advocate General Qaiser Ali Shah and representative of the administration produced a notification before the bench in which the administration stated that the ban was imposed on the movement’s leader due to his anti-state and public provoking speeches which were creating law and order situation there.
However, Justice Waqar Ahmad Seth observed that he had submitted nomination papers and wanted to contest the election as he had the right to speech during the election campaign.
On June 7, the administration had banned him from entering North Waziristan for three months after accusing him of instigating people through provocative speeches.
The leader had challenged the ban through his lawyer Abdul Latif Afridi.
Latif Afridi argued that his client had submitted nomination papers for NA-48 and this expulsion order was tantamount to stopping him from fundamental right of participating in the political activities under the law.
Challenging the power of the political administration to issue such an order, the lawyer made it clear that assistant political agent cannot pass such an order after the 31st Constitutional Amendment to the Constitution under which Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata) had been merged with KP and the political administration had no more such authority to utilise Section 5 of the MPO 1960 (West Pakistan Act) under which the expulsion order was issued against the leader.
In the petition, it was stated that the ban was based on malafide intention and was without lawful authority and against the fundamental rights of the petitioner to deprive him of his right to contest the general election.
The lawyer argued that his client was a prominent political worker of North Waziristan and now contesting the election on NA-48.
He had also seriously suffered during the militancy in the area. He said the expulsion order was against the fundamental rights of the petitioner, therefore, was liable to be struck down.
The administration of North Waziristan and government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa through chief secretary were made respondents in the case.
-
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years