Ding brushes aside Xiao at Snooker Worlds
LONDON: Chinese snooker star Ding Junhui eased into the second round of the world championships on Tuesday with a 10 frames to three demolition of compatriot and close friend Xiao Guodong. Ding, who lost to Mark Selby in the 2016 final, rattled off the first four frames of the session to seal victory and will play either Scotland’s Anthony McGill or Welshman Ryan Day in the next round. The 31-year-old Ding — who ousted five-time champion Ronnie O’Sullivan on his way to a semifinal defeat, also by Selby, last year — said he felt in the groove in his latest bid to become the first Chinese player to win the title. “I scored heavy. I started very strong and just tried to play my shots,” said Ding, who has 13 top tournament victories to his credit. “I am confident with my form and playing well, scoring well and playing good safety. I am happy.” Ding’s chances of securing the title appear to have improved with Selby surprisingly going out in the first round and another former world champion Shaun Murphy also bowing out. Ding, though, is unconcerned about his rivals’ fortunes nor whom he plays. “I am not worried about my opponent. I think about myself. I try to smile and not worry if I miss chances,” said Ding, who has gone beyond the first round at the worlds on nine occasions. Later on Tuesday sees the first shot in anger in this year’s edition from Australia’s 2010 world champion Neil Robertson, who plays journeyman Englishman Robert Milkins.
-
AI Superintelligence Race: Meta And Microsoft Back Rival Visions—Who Will Win? -
Chatbots Push Users Into ‘delusional Spirals,’ Experts Warn -
Economist Slams AI Doom Predictions, ‘replacing Humans Is Not Innovation’ -
KATSEYE's Manon Bannerman Takes Break From Group For Personal Reasons -
Prince Harry's Reaction On 'disgraced' Uncle Andrew Arrest Revealed -
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final