PHC directs federal govt, KP to commence trial of hardcore militants
PESHAWAR: The Peshawar High Court (PHC) on Wednesday directed the provincial and federal governments to commence the trial of militants who have been declared ‘black’ and ‘grey’.During the hearing of a case about the missing persons who had been shifted to various internment centres in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Fata and
By our correspondents
October 22, 2015
PESHAWAR: The Peshawar High Court (PHC) on Wednesday directed the provincial and federal governments to commence the trial of militants who have been declared ‘black’ and ‘grey’.
During the hearing of a case about the missing persons who had been shifted to various internment centres in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Fata and declared ‘black’ and ‘grey’, PHC Chief Justice Mazhar Alam Miankhel observed that the provincial and federal governments were silent over the trial of the accused in proper courts.
The division bench comprising the chief justice and Justice Muhammad Thahim Khan also allowed applications filed by Federal Secretary Interior Shahid Khan on release of his salary and exemption from appearance in the missing persons cases.
Secretary Interior Shahid Khan appeared before the bench as the court had summoned him to explain non-compliance of the orders on missing persons cases.The chief justice observed that the court did not want to summon high-ups, but he was summoned in the cases as the orders were not being complied with since 2012.
The secretary interior pointed out that his ministry was not a party in the case in which he was summoned, but even then he complied with the court order and appeared in the court. The chief justice said the purpose to summon the secretary was to ensure implementation of the court orders. He noted that the ministry was complying with the court orders but there were cases in which the orders were not heeded since 2012.
The chief justice asked the secretary interior to expedite the process in the missing persons cases as these were being heard in the court for years.During the previous hearing, the court had stopped the salary of the secretary interior and asked him to ensure his presence in the court in the missing persons cases.
The court also issued notice to the ministries of defence and interior, secretary home and tribal affairs, additional chief secretary Fata and the concerned political administration to submit replies in the missing persons cases before the next hearing to be held on November 25.The bench heard the cases filed by Jameela Bibi, Khalil Khan, Khial Muhammad, Ikram Khan, Jandood, Mamla Khan, Raees Khan and others.The bench also issued notices to the ministries concerned and Home and Tribal Affairs Department in four fresh cases of missing persons.
During the hearing of a case about the missing persons who had been shifted to various internment centres in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Fata and declared ‘black’ and ‘grey’, PHC Chief Justice Mazhar Alam Miankhel observed that the provincial and federal governments were silent over the trial of the accused in proper courts.
The division bench comprising the chief justice and Justice Muhammad Thahim Khan also allowed applications filed by Federal Secretary Interior Shahid Khan on release of his salary and exemption from appearance in the missing persons cases.
Secretary Interior Shahid Khan appeared before the bench as the court had summoned him to explain non-compliance of the orders on missing persons cases.The chief justice observed that the court did not want to summon high-ups, but he was summoned in the cases as the orders were not being complied with since 2012.
The secretary interior pointed out that his ministry was not a party in the case in which he was summoned, but even then he complied with the court order and appeared in the court. The chief justice said the purpose to summon the secretary was to ensure implementation of the court orders. He noted that the ministry was complying with the court orders but there were cases in which the orders were not heeded since 2012.
The chief justice asked the secretary interior to expedite the process in the missing persons cases as these were being heard in the court for years.During the previous hearing, the court had stopped the salary of the secretary interior and asked him to ensure his presence in the court in the missing persons cases.
The court also issued notice to the ministries of defence and interior, secretary home and tribal affairs, additional chief secretary Fata and the concerned political administration to submit replies in the missing persons cases before the next hearing to be held on November 25.The bench heard the cases filed by Jameela Bibi, Khalil Khan, Khial Muhammad, Ikram Khan, Jandood, Mamla Khan, Raees Khan and others.The bench also issued notices to the ministries concerned and Home and Tribal Affairs Department in four fresh cases of missing persons.
-
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years