New policy for college admissions approved
The College Education Department has approved the procedure for grating admissions to Class-XI based on the results of IX (ninth) class for the session 2025-26 in the government colleges under the Sindh Electronic Centralized College Admission Programme (SECCAP 2025-26).
Officials said on Friday the Sindh Education Department has also issued a notification that reads, “Receiving of applications from the candidates on the website www.seccap.dges.gos.pk with effect from 15th June 2025. The last date of submissions of online applications is 15th July 2025. Issuance of placement lists of all faculties for admissions in the colleges up to 22nd July 2025 & commencement of the classes in the colleges for class XII shall be from 1st August 2025 and class XI from 5th August respectively.
“The College Zone System will be continued this year in Karachi Region which will allow students to get admissions in their nearest colleges. Only A+ and A grade students will set the choice to get admission in any college. Students with B, C, D and E grade will apply in their concerned zone.”
The notification said the regional director colleges of Karachi, Hyderabad, Mirpurkhas, Shaheed Benazirabad, Sukkur and Larkana will be responsible for admissions of the students in their respective regions.
The director general colleges Sindh will supervise the overall admission process in the province.
Admissions will be based on the 9th Class/O Level Part-1 Grade result. IT Section of Directorate General of Colleges will be responsible for issuing the placement list of faculty and gender-wise students after the approval of the Chairman SECCAP Committee 2025-2026.
A sufficient number of claim centres will be established (male & female) after the issuance of placement lists in order to rectify the grievances of the students (if any). Any student who was previously enrolled in HSc and FSc and wishes to seek admission again in the current year must first cancel their earlier enrolment with the concerned board, as well as their admission on the SECCAP portal.
Only after completing this process may they reapply for online admission through SECCAP for the academic session 2025-26. Candidates with a gap exceeding five years are ineligible for admission to the 2025-26 academic session.
-
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Blunders Are Result Of 'conspiracy Of Silence' -
Keith Urban Fires Entire Management Team After Divorcing Nicole Kidman -
Kylie Jenner Marks Death Anniversary Of Hairstylist Jesus Guerrero With '222' Tribute -
Daniel Radcliffe On How It's Like Seeing New Harry Potter Cast Years Later -
Andrew Portrait Makes Unexpected Debut At Louvre Museum Over Epstein Protest -
Italy: Skeleton Of Saint Francis Of Assisi’s Goes On Public Display For First Time After 800 Years -
Hailey Bieber's Subtle Gesture For Eric Dane’s Family Revealed -
Moment Prince William 'broke Down' And 'apologised' To Kate Middleton -
Paul Mescal And Gracie Abrams Stun Fans, Making Their Romance Public At 2026 BAFTA -
EU Rejects Any Rise In US Tariffs After Court Ruling, Says ‘a Deal Is A Deal’ -
King Charles Congratulates Team GB Over Winter Olympics Success -
Meryl Streep Comeback In 'Mamma Mia 3' On The Cards? Studio Head Shares Promising Update -
Woman Allegedly Used ChatGPT To Plan Murders Of Two Men, Police Say -
James Van Der Beek's Widow Mourns Eric Dane Days After Husband's Death -
UK Seeks ‘best Possible Deal’ With US As Tariff Threat Looms -
Andrew Arrest Fallout: Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Face Demands Over Dropping Royal Titles