PHC grants bail to PTI leaders
Lawyer says while Bangash wished to appear in relevant courts, there was fear of arrest before he could present himself
PESHAWAR: The Peshawar High Court (PHC)) has granted protective bail to Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader and Member of National Assembly Faisal Amin and former provincial minister Kamran Bangash.
The court approved the bail petitions while disposing of the writ petition after the government submitted a response to the details of the cases. The case was heard by a two-judge bench consisting of Justice Sahibzada Asadullah and Justice Dr. Khurshid Iqbal. Kamran Bangash’s lawyer, Barrister Sarwar Shah, informed the court that his client, a former provincial minister, had been implicated in multiple cases after the PTI protest on November 26, 2024.
He stated that while Bangash wished to appear in the relevant courts, there was a fear of arrest before he could present himself.
The lawyer informed the court that the writ petition had been filed to obtain details about the cases registered against his client. Assistant Attorney General Akbar Yusuf Khilil, present in court, informed the bench that a report had been submitted by the federal government, mentioning that one case against Bangash had been registered in Islamabad.
Additional Advocate General Nadeem Shah submitted to the court that three cases had been filed against Bangash in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, while Special Prosecutor of National Accountability Bureau Arbab Kaleem said that there was no ongoing investigation against Bangash.
The court granted Kamran Bangash protective bail until June 27 and directed him to appear before the relevant courts.
Similarly, the bench began hearing the protective bail petition of Member of National Assembly Faisal Amin.
His lawyer informed the court that his client, a sitting MNA, was unaware of the details of the cases registered against him, as he had not been informed about them.
The court granted Faisal Amin protective bail for 14 days and issued notices to the federal government and other relevant authorities, asking them to provide details of the cases.
-
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Blunders Are Result Of 'conspiracy Of Silence' -
Keith Urban Fires Entire Management Team After Divorcing Nicole Kidman -
Kylie Jenner Marks Death Anniversary Of Hairstylist Jesus Guerrero With '222' Tribute -
Daniel Radcliffe On How It's Like Seeing New Harry Potter Cast Years Later -
Andrew Portrait Makes Unexpected Debut At Louvre Museum Over Epstein Protest -
Italy: Skeleton Of Saint Francis Of Assisi’s Goes On Public Display For First Time After 800 Years -
Hailey Bieber's Subtle Gesture For Eric Dane’s Family Revealed -
Moment Prince William 'broke Down' And 'apologised' To Kate Middleton -
Paul Mescal And Gracie Abrams Stun Fans, Making Their Romance Public At 2026 BAFTA -
EU Rejects Any Rise In US Tariffs After Court Ruling, Says ‘a Deal Is A Deal’ -
King Charles Congratulates Team GB Over Winter Olympics Success -
Meryl Streep Comeback In 'Mamma Mia 3' On The Cards? Studio Head Shares Promising Update -
Woman Allegedly Used ChatGPT To Plan Murders Of Two Men, Police Say -
James Van Der Beek's Widow Mourns Eric Dane Days After Husband's Death -
UK Seeks ‘best Possible Deal’ With US As Tariff Threat Looms -
Andrew Arrest Fallout: Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Face Demands Over Dropping Royal Titles