Mohsin Dawar escapes gun attack in North Waziristan

According to police, several gunshots were fired at Mohsin Dawar’s convoy but he remained safe because his car was bulletproof

By Our Correspondent
January 04, 2024
Former Member National Assembly and National Democratic Movement chairman Mohsin Dawar speaks during a gathering of supporters on December 25, 2023. — Facebook/Mohsin Dawar
Former Member National Assembly and National Democratic Movement chairman Mohsin Dawar speaks during a gathering of supporters on December 25, 2023. — Facebook/Mohsin Dawar

MIRANSHAH: Unidentified assailants attacked former Member National Assembly and National Democratic Movement (NDM) chairman Mohsin Dawar during the election campaign in the Tappi area, North Waziristan, on Wednesday.

However, Dawar remained unharmed but his vehicle was damaged.

According to police, several gunshots were fired at Mohsin Dawar’s convoy but he remained safe because his car was bulletproof.

The security guards with Mohsin Dawar fired back at the assailants, which forced them to flee.

The police later launched a search operation to apprehend the perpetrators.

Later, speaking at an emergency press conference in Miranshah, the ex-MNA said cowardly attacks cannot cow down them.

He said the attackers were the same old people who had earlier attacked him several times.

“I will not leave my mission of serving my people through political struggle,” he said, adding that the opponents should compete with him in the election arena instead of stabbing him in the back.