SHC tells CS to confirm if order has been complied with in land encroachment case
The Sindh High Court on Wednesday issued a notice to the chief secretary and the director general of the Malir Development Authority (MDA) and directed them to submit compliance reports in land encroachment case.
The direction came at a hearing of a petition of Ms. Husna, who has moved the court against the illegal occupation of her plot in Shah Latif Town. She submitted that the MDA had failed to hand over possession of the plot to the petitioner despite the payment of all requisite charges.
A division bench, headed by Justice Nadeem Akhtar, observed that the chief secretary was directed to submit a compliance report with regard to the removal of the encroachment and handing over the possession of the plot to the petitioner.
It observed that the law officer had filed minutes of the meeting and a compliance report, but nothing had been shown to tell what steps had been taken to comply with the orders of the court.
The bench said a proper compliance report had not been submitted by the chief secretary and directed him to submit the report at on the next date of the hearing. It issued notices to the chief secretary and the MDA director general to submit compliance reports on November 30.
Missing persons’ cases
The SHC directed investigation officers to make their best efforts to trace missing persons. During a hearing of petitions of missing persons who are alleged to have been taken away by personnel of law enforcement agencies, a division bench, headed by Justice Mohammad Karim Khan Agha, inquired the Karachi commissioner if a court order for the payment of compensation to families of missing persons had been complied with.
The commissioner said 10 families had been paid compensation; however, the payment of compensation to two families would be made within a week. The court had earlier directed the provincial government to inform it how the families of missing persons could be provided financial assistance and also asked the federal and provincial law officers to assist it in cases where heads of families had gone missing and the families were suffering due to the resulting financial crisis.
The provincial government had informed that court that a summary had been sent to the chief minister for sanctioning one-time compensation of Rs500,000 for each family of 12 missing persons whose cases fell within the category of enforced disappearance.
-
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years