SC suspends show-cause notice to SP
LAHORE: The Supreme Court, Lahore Registry, on Friday suspended a show-cause notice issued to the SP Operation Saddar Hafeezur Rehman Bugti by the Lahore High Court for misusing the authority in a matter to the police’s occupation on a citizen’s property.
Earlier, the LHC registrar office presented the complete record of the proceedings against the police officer. The SC bench comprising Justice Sajjad Ali Shah and Justice Syed Mansoor Ali Shah suspended the show-cause and proceedings against Bugti. The bench has issued a notice to the petitioner against the police officer for a hearing to be fixed later. SP Bugti through his counsel contended that he did not make any misstatement before the LHC, saying the court had been misled through wrong facts against him. He pleaded the SC to set aside the proceedings against him before the LHC.
Reports said a man had filed a petition before the LHC against illegal occupation of Township Police on his property, pleading the court that the police officials visited his home and threatened him of grave consequences. The SP had claimed that an opinion from DIG Legal had been sought before the police’s visit to the petitioner’s residence.
However, the DIG, when appeared before the court, said the matter was not related to his office and he had no meeting with the SP. Bugti had repeatedly tendered his unconditional apology before the LHC, however, Chief Justice LHC Muhammad Qasim Khan had turned down his plea.
The CJ observed that the officer was not willing to admit his fault and wanted the court to accept his apology. officer for a hearing to be fixed later. SP Bugti through his counsel contended that he did not make any misstatement before the LHC, saying the court had been misled through wrong facts against him. He pleaded the SC to set aside the proceedings against him before the LHC.
Reports said a man had filed a petition before the LHC against illegal occupation of Township Police on his property, pleading the court that the police officials visited his home and threatened him of grave consequences. The SP had claimed that an opinion from DIG Legal had been sought before the police’s visit to the petitioner’s residence.
However, the DIG, when appeared before the court, said the matter was not related to his office and he had no meeting with the SP. Bugti had repeatedly tendered his unconditional apology before the LHC, however, Chief Justice LHC Muhammad Qasim Khan had turned down his plea.
The CJ observed that the officer was not willing to admit his fault and wanted the court to accept his apology.
-
Chyler Leigh Pays Moving Homage To 'Grey’s Anatomy' Co-star Eric Dane: 'He Was Amazing' -
Did You Know Tech CEOs Limit Screen Time For Their Own Kids? -
Matthew Lillard Admits Fashion Trends Are Not His 'forte' -
SpaceX Launches Another Batch Of Satellites From Cape Canaveral During Late-night Mission On Saturday -
Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Get Pulled Into Parents’ Epstein Row: ‘At Least Stop Clinging!’ -
Inside Kim Kardashian's Brain Aneurysm Diagnosis -
Farmers Turn Down Millions As AI Data Centres Target Rural Land -
Trump Announces A Rise In Global Tariffs To 15% In Response To Court Ruling, As Trade Tensions Intensify -
Chappell Roan Explains Fame's Effect On Mental Health: 'I Might Quit' -
AI Processes Medical Data Faster Than Human Teams, Research Finds -
Sarah Ferguson’s Friend Exposes How She’s Been Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s Release -
Jelly Roll Explains Living With 'severe Depression' -
Charli XCX Applauds Dave Grohl’s 'abstract' Spin On Viral ‘Apple’ Dance -
Anna Sawai Opens Up On Portraying Yoko Ono In Beatles Film Series -
Eric Dane's Wife Rebecca Gayheart Shares Family Memories Of Late Actor After ALS Death -
Palace Wants To ‘draw A Line’ Under Andrew Issue: ‘Tried And Convicted’