SHC CJ takes notice of mismanagement in wheat distribution in Tharparkar
KARACHI: Sindh High Court Chief Justice Ahmed Ali M Sheikh on Friday took notice of the delay in the supply of wheat bags to deserving families in Tharparkar under the Benazir Income Support Program and directed the deputy commissioner to make all possible arrangements for comfortable and safe distribution of wheat bags to deserving families.
Taking notice of a media report alleging mismanagement and delay in the supply of wheat bags to deserving families, the chief justice observed that reports submitted by the district and sessions judge of Tharparkar and Mithi reflected a very grim picture keeping the helpless families waiting for a day fruitlessly for the relief announced by the government.
He observed that after perusal of the district and sessions judge report it transpired that only 368 bags of wheat of 50 kilograms each had been distributed amongst deserving women as per the list provided by the Benazir Income Support Program office while the number of deserving persons/women was more than 11,000.
The chief justice observed that the same was the situation in other Talukas and the report further stated that the distribution of wheat under the scheme was taking place at a turtle’s pace and would take two or three months, while there was no proper sitting arrangement at any distribution point.
Tharparkar Deputy Commissioner Dr Hafeez Ahmed Sial submitted that due to a shortage of staff, with only two persons at each distribution point, was one of the causes of the slow distribution of wheat.
He held out the assurance that proper sitting arrangements, including tents, drinking water, first aid facilities and one ambulance at each distribution point, would be provided to meet any emergency. He vowed to increase the staff at the distribution points and even the supply would be made to their doorsteps.
The chief justice directed the deputy commissioner to make all possible arrangements for comfortable and safe distribution of wheat bags as announced by the government by coordinating with the regional district health officer and to provide first aid and ambulance facilities during the distribution time.
The CJ also directed the district and sessions judge to depute a judicial officer to visit such points and submit a report.
The officers have been informed that action would be taken against delinquent officers in case directions of the court were not complied with.
-
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Harper Beckham Sends Valentine’s Love Amid Brooklyn Family Drama -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’